webfact

Video: Motorway pile-up as "foreigner" kills nurse who came to help

63 posts in this topic

I was in exact same situation. Stopped to a guy lying on Sukumvit as no one else stopped. Ppl were on the side of the rd looking from far. Went to check on him. Was night. Then saw car lights coming at me fast. Jumped to ditch. Gf was all screaming thinking im done. It was thai girl who finished this guy, he ended up under her car. Then i left. Since then I dont stop to incidents, thais cant be bothered why I should?

Oh and after that I was told if I touch victim and he die I would be blamed for it and most likely jailed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, gdgbb said:

Why is that "probably" the case?

Just a lot of older drivers from other countries. Some do not drive so good and are use to a different type of driving and drivers.  My neighbor had 2 accidents in 3 months both his fault   he would not have a license in America he would fail the road test

12 hours ago, Philthyphil said:

They make it too easy for foreigners to drive here and rent cars. 

If you can't read Thai, you shouldn't really be allowed to get a license. If you can't read the warning signs you shouldn't be on the road. 

Did they ever catch up with the British merc driver who killed the two Thai women and ran off? CHiang Mai I think it was.

Using that logic, virtually no Thai would be able to drive anywhere in the world outside of Thailand (or possibly one or two of its immediate neighbours.)

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, USPatriot said:

Just a lot of older drivers from other countries. Some do not drive so good and are use to a different type of driving and drivers.  My neighbor had 2 accidents in 3 months both his fault   he would not have a license in America he would fail the road test

So not "probably" the case then. 

Apart from one person that you know, who says there are "just a lot of older drivers from other countries who do not drive so good"?

1 hour ago, USPatriot said:

Did you bother to look at the video of the accident which showed the driver?

22 hours ago, farcanell said:

Then your not really driving to the conditions of the road.... personally, I fully expect these issues, as you describe, to appear without warning.... and rarely ever drive at 120, even during the day.... it's too damn risky on Thai roads

Exactly, that's why I consider everyone that is driving over 80-90 is a reckless driver in Thailand, There's just too many factors out of your control that make it too dangerous to drive that fast here. 

Ofcourse, you can call me a pussy and you will.... But i'm just thinking safety first. 

1 person likes this

Hahaha, I do feel the same as my friend also driving live a snake! Don't know how he got his driving license...........

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

9 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

I have 30 minutes, so please go ahead.

Sheesh. What happened to your imagination? Crime and corruption runs riot in many places..................just as a starter. Are they not scumbags? You want names as well?

Some baiting and bickering posts have been removed. 

On 14/03/2017 at 2:06 PM, farcanell said:

Then your not really driving to the conditions of the road.... personally, I fully expect these issues, as you describe, to appear without warning.... and rarely ever drive at 120, even during the day.... it's too damn risky on Thai roads

here is a perfect example for you

9 minutes ago, johng said:

here is a perfect example for you

Exactly! Damn risky driving on Thai roads!

whats the rule about nighttime driving and headlights?.... something about stopping distance vs headlight projection distance, isn't it? This would be why.