Arjen

Fresh cowmilk

Good day!

I am looking for a source to buy around 1.500 liter fresh cow milk every 2 weeks.

I am located in Surat-Thani, but travelling is not a big problem. Anyone ideas?

Arjen.

A look at Google there  is  a Thai/Denmark   dairy co-op (DPO), at Prachuapkhirikhan, not so far from  you,  try  them ,  but like a lot of milk co-ops,  milk groups,etc in Thailand,thay will probably be contacted   to  their  buyer , Google Thai /Denmark , milk co-ops , for there  main office  at Mortlec ,Saraburi ,and have a word with them  .

Also  in Prachuaphirikhan at  Bang Sapan ,is a dairy co-op,they use to send milk to  Marley in Ayutthaya ,but since the big floods Marley  closed , where   they send milk to I do not  know ,I think they are still  an independent coop/milk center , they will be more likely to sell you some milk.

A bit farther north  is Nong Pho  dairy coop  one of the late King 's  projects   ,  and nearby  is  Ratchaburi  dairy coop,  Nong Pho  process most of they  own milk  them selfs  , as  for  Ratchaburi , I do not know where they send milk too ,probably  now  an independent   coop  .

1500 liters of milk  is a fair bit  you could come up the central Thailnd  lots of  milk  centers there ,where I am  about 100 ton of raw milk leaves  the area  every  day  to factories   in the area ,but sending  milk a  long  distance   in the heat  of Thailand  could  lead to proble,most milk is sent at night time when it is a bit  cooler 

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply Kickstart!

This gives a good starting point.

Arjen.

Hi,

I'm located in close to Nakhon Sawan, any dairy farms here? I need raw milk not that much(about 50 Liters per week).

Thanks.

They is one in  NS, I have just spent 30 minutes on Google try to find it ,no luck, looking at a map to the north is Lomsark, there is a dairy co-op they, or south to centarl Lopburi, were I am  spoilt for choice   ,if it only 50 lt, that is only a milk churn full, you could buy that direct from a farm ,but it will not have been cooled ,so one of milk centers should help you help you, thay cool and store milk before  sending to a factory 

Way to the north is Sukhothai ,a big Thai-Denmark center, but  you only need  a small amount ,hardly worth going all that way .

Ask at your local agricultural shop, if you have one selling any cattle feed, mineral blocks, they will know of a  milk center  where you are..

I will ask around here tomorrow see if anyone knows.  

• Thanks 1

My local shop was very obliging, there are 2 dairy co-op's in Nakon Suwan, he wrote it all down the name of one in Thai. 

ส.ก. โคนม อ. ตากฟ้า  089-2439012

Dairy Co-op  in Amphur, Dtack Far 

or ส.ก.การเกษตากฟ้า.

This one is an agricultural co-op, no phone number, why he gave me this one, I do not know in the same Amphur, might be able to help you.

• Thanks 1

On 4/9/2018 at 11:02 AM, kickstart said:

They is one in  NS, I have just spent 30 minutes on Google try to find it ,no luck, looking at a map to the north is Lomsark, there is a dairy co-op they, or south to centarl Lopburi, were I am  spoilt for choice   ,if it only 50 lt, that is only a milk churn full, you could buy that direct from a farm ,but it will not have been cooled ,so one of milk centers should help you help you, thay cool and store milk before  sending to a factory 

Way to the north is Sukhothai ,a big Thai-Denmark center, but  you only need  a small amount ,hardly worth going all that way .

Ask at your local agricultural shop, if you have one selling any cattle feed, mineral blocks, they will know of a  milk center  where you are..

I will ask around here tomorrow see if anyone knows.  

Thanks @kickstart for your effort.

Well, all these years living here and I didn't find any dairy farm in the area as I said only bulls! I found this one in Lopburi as you pointed, but it is far way for me, Sukhothai also is very far. We are located 20km south of Nong Ben in NS. Actually there is nothing much in our area, it is all open rice field with a few villages and no shops at all (really hard to buy a cold beer), the closest one is Nong Ben or Sawan Arom, our farm is right in the middle of this two places, but I'm always in Muang Nakhon Sawan since we rent a house there and I can go check for this dairy co-op in the agricultural shops.

This dairy co-op seems to be in Takhli district, which will be much better for us to take road trip once a week, it is  about 90km from the farm and 75km from the house in NS.

Thank you very much for the info, I couldn't find anything even close to that using google, my best shot until now was Lopburi.

If it is Lopburi it will probably be in my area we have 6 different milk centers, as I said before sending a 100 ton of milk a day to various factories, they are 2 other milk centers in the province,.

So, if you do have any problems in NS,I could put you in contact with one of our local centers 

• Thanks 1

For drinking I prefer the Magnolia milk,

In fact I started this topic, as I wanted to make cheese. But I was not able to find a supplier, although I have really looked very well. So skipped the idea.

Arjen.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, kickstart said:

If it is Lopburi it will probably be in my area we have 6 different milk centers, as I said before sending a 100 ton of milk a day to various factories, they are 2 other milk centers in the province,.

So, if you do have any problems in NS,I could put you in contact with one of our local centers 

Yesterday, I called that number  in Nakhon Sawan (Thakli) but no one pick up the phone. I suppose because Songkran, I will try again next week.

If we were going to make cheese in large scale, yes I wouldn't mind to travel longer distance, but for a 50lt of milk, the diesel will cost more than the milk.. ;D

Another option is buy a cow!!! But in this case I have to learn how to take proper care of the animal, but in this heat I have no idea if it will survive longer.. 

Anyway thank you so much.

9 hours ago, Crossy said:

However it's useless for making cheese (pasteurised at too high a temperature) which I suspect is what our OP is looking for.

Absolutely right, raw milk is needed for make cheese.

8 hours ago, Arjen said:

For drinking I prefer the Magnolia milk,

In fact I started this topic, as I wanted to make cheese. But I was not able to find a supplier, although I have really looked very well. So skipped the idea.

Arjen.

Sorry for hear that.

I came across with the idea of make cheese, first because I like it very much and second I do not agree with the cheese prices in Thailand and if I know how to do, then why not.. 

10 Lt of good quality of raw milk will make about 1 kg of fresh white cheese. That is my goal, 5 kg of fresh cheese per week.

For now I can just hope to find a supplier.