Jonathan Fairfield

PHOTOS: Fire rips through Walking Street bar

70 posts in this topic

UPDATE: Early morning drama as fire hits Walking Street

7.jpg

Rock Street in Walking Street, South Pattaya, was gutted by fire after transformers exploded outside the property this morning.

Police and ten fire engines rushed to the scene at 7.30am as fire engulfed the area between Tankay Seafood and the Skyfall bar. It is a three story building.

Maid Somparn Ratanasaeng, 50, said that Rock Street was open the previous evening as usual but when she arrived this morning to do the daily cleaning everyone had left. As she started her work she heard two very loud explosions outside.

She rushed out to see that the transformer on a power pole outside Rock Street had exploded and fire was beginning to spread.

Fireman said they had the blaze under control in thirty minutes but there was considerable damage done to the property and its contents.

No assessment of the value of the damage has yet been done as an investigation has commenced.

 

 

 

 
tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-15

 

 

8.jpg

 

 

10.jpg

 

 

9.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh no. I loved that Rock Bar. :sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good opportunity for some " hot girls ! " puns !!
On your marks!

Seriously though, I hope nobody was hurt or killed.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luckily, no naked girls were injured, because nudity has been eradicated by the authorities.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope it occurred in the Happy Zone. Wouldn't want those firefighters feeling too sad.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

Luckily, no naked girls were injured, because nudity has been eradicated by the authorities.

This was not a aGoGo Bar. It was a live Music Rock bar kind of place. Very nice. But now it's gone.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably no insurance as usual!  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DavoTheGun said:

Probably no insurance as usual!  

 

Or a shiny new Insurance Policy just recently taken out !

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lets hope no one was sleeping upstairs...

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plenty of bbq prawns at Tankay seafood    :cheesy: 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder if this building passed any fire inspections (if there is such a thing)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Frankly, I'm surprise that this doesn't happened like more often, a lot more

often in fact seeing the poor wiring and hazardous installations of all

their electrical equipment.....

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ezzra said:

 

Frankly, I'm surprise that this doesn't happened like more often, a lot more

often in fact seeing the poor wiring and hazardous installations of all

their electrical equipment.....

It does happen a bit.

 

https://www.pattayaunlimited.com/disasters-in-pattaya/

 

http://www.pattayamail.com/news/small-fire-big-panic-indian-disco-156230

 

Plus, the X-Zyte and Batman fires. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fire guts Pattaya club

40daf34fdc237c6b338bf274a9f8e21f.jpeg

 

 

A fire broke out at an entertainment venue on Pattaya City's walking street in Chon Buri's Bang Lamung district on Wednesday morning but no one was hurt.

 

Following the fire report at about 8am, Muang Pattaya Police Station investigation superintendent Colonel Chatchapil Pattarasiriporn contacted the Fire Department and five fire engines were dispatched.

 

It took firefighters about 30 minutes to extinguish the blaze, which destroyed the inside of the Rock Street Pattaya club. 

 

A cleaner told police she heard the transformer in front of the shop explode three times before the flames spread quickly in the business and she and fellow workers fled the building and alerted police.

 

Source:http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30309160

 
thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, NVass said:

I was in there last Saturday and the power went out. When the PEA turned up to fix it an hour later i watched them bypass the fuses on the pole outside by bolting the the wires together it was obviously a serious problem so mo surprise it went up in smoke a few days later!

and...

Quote

A cleaner told police she heard the transformer in front of the shop explode three times before the flames spread quickly in the business and she and fellow workers fled the building and alerted police.

Nice claim against the PEA coming!!!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Luckily, no naked girls were injured, because nudity has been eradicated by the authorities.

It was a live band music bar, with a transparent glass front. Not a place where you could find nudity.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 21   Posted (edited)

Thailand needs to get some better quality transformers from somewhere. Used to have one explode on my soi once a year or so. I mean, if Thais are going to keep up their charming wiring practices.

 

Good news is how little damage was done to the neighboring buildings. I'm impressed.

 

 

Edited by JSixpack
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Transformers, clearing the beach side of Walking St one bar at a time.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

shoulda had insurance ....   no girls dancing tonight  :shock1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While they working on it they should lit up all of walking street , lets make a big fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 30 April 2017 12:03
Sponsors