Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
Negita43

How much cash can you take out of the country?

9 hours ago, kokopelli said:

A friend who frequently takes money from Thailand never exceeds the 20,000 USD amount. He says the paperwork/explanations for taking more money is onerous.

And as reported above 10K Euros is max to bring into Europe including the UK.

sorry  it is 9999 that 1 euro more give them the possibility to fine and fry you ....:sad:, if reading good the rule it say FROM 10 000 Euro or more you must report ..... so take care ,even your small coins are counted in to it or even money paper....and to be sure keep the ATM slips or any bank paper from the witdraw from account , they could ask when the sniffer dogs brigade is around

Thanks for all your constructive answers.

2 points

1. I thought that's what forums were for so that members could help other members with their existing knowledge and links.

2. With regards to the Euros I actually had the Euros in an existing Euro account in Thailand and now surplus to requirements here (bought over to build a house). Asked the bank to do an international transfer back to my Euro account in UK using my Swift Code AND IBAN - They COULDN'T DO IT!!!! Only way to get the money in Euros was for them to give me cash (and they charged me for it) - NOT my preferred solution but then PATRICK - THIS IS THAILAND

9 hours ago, Negita43 said:

Thanks for all your constructive answers.

2 points

1. I thought that's what forums were for so that members could help other members with their existing knowledge and links.

2. With regards to the Euros I actually had the Euros in an existing Euro account in Thailand and now surplus to requirements here (bought over to build a house). Asked the bank to do an international transfer back to my Euro account in UK using my Swift Code AND IBAN - They COULDN'T DO IT!!!! Only way to get the money in Euros was for them to give me cash (and they charged me for it) - NOT my preferred solution but then PATRICK - THIS IS THAILAND

2) ....? did you not had a proof (F.E.T. form , old name tor tor sam ..??) the proof of bringing in the money from abroad to buy property ....or was the reason that normally foreigner can not own a house ..!! ? As for buying a condo in your own   foreigner name , and selling it after you normally can take /transfer this out with the proof from Registration office paid tax , showing all + F.E.t. form to the bank ..

If all clear documented you can take it cash out , or others few flights up and return under the limit ..., also Thai bankcards work also for taking some in Europe ATM...