Thailand Forum
webfact

Hawaii judge halts Trump's new travel ban before it can go into effect

Linzz    1,191

I really hope and pray that nuclear weapons aren't thrown about as a show of strength as has been suggested here. That would make the US the only country in the world to have used nuclear weapons in anger (for the 2nd time). Hard call telling Iran and others that they cannot develop them. 

klikster    314
20 hours ago, Ahab said:

Using your logic any military operation with casualties is a failure? WWII using your logic was a complete failure and we should have let Germany take over Europe and left Asia to the Japanese so we would not take any casualties. People die during war (news flash) hopefully more of the other guys than our own. US Navy Seals are professional warriors, every one of them is a volunteer, and they know the risks of going into combat. 

So ... those SEALs should just shut up and die quietly?:post-4641-1156693976:

klikster    314
On 3/16/2017 at 11:45 AM, Grubster said:

I think Trump should begin to build some very large housing projects in Hawaii, then send all these immigrants there, problem solved.

Actually, since DT is your POTUS .. sending them to your neighborhood so you and your posse can keep an eye on them is a better option.:smile:

redwinecheese    136
Posted (edited)

Americans themselves are illegal immigrants in the land of native Indian.:passifier:

Edited by redwinecheese

redwinecheese    136
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Grubster said:

I think we should have nuked Afghanistan

When I see  Kim Jong-u and his boys playing with missiles I think one day they will push the wrong buttons.

Edited by redwinecheese

Grubster    1,481
15 minutes ago, klikster said:

Actually, since DT is your POTUS .. sending them to your neighborhood so you and your posse can keep an eye on them is a better option.:smile:

I don't think Thailand will let them immigrate here thank goodness, nice try though.

Andaman Al    5,488
1 hour ago, Grubster said:

So I take it when someone working under you really screws up a job you fire yourself. Brilliant.

LOL, not a Military person then!  No you do not fire yourself, you take responsibility as the commander. He authorised the mission, it was HIS decision, he grows a pair of balls and he takes responsibility for HIS actions, he does not pass the buck down the chain. Simple, if he does not have the moral courage to do that, he does not deserve to hold the office he does, nor does he deserve the respect of any US serviceman.

If he stood there and said 'we made mistakes, I take responsibility', people would have thought 'ok, mistakes happen, he is taking a strong and moral position, give hime our support'. I would have backed him had he said that, but he took the man child way out.

• Like 1

Grubster    1,481
10 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

And there we have the character of the Grubstaker personified.

Yes perhaps you do,  funny you say Grubstaker as I ate at a restaurant with that name when back home, when I got home thirty minutes later the restaurant was gone, totally destroyed by a tornado. Maybe somebody or thing just missed me there. Maybe I should change my beliefs, not.

Grubster    1,481
6 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

LOL, not a Military person then!  No you do not fire yourself, you take responsibility as the commander. He authorised the mission, it was HIS decision, he grows a pair of balls and he takes responsibility for HIS actions, he does not pass the buck down the chain. Simple, if he does not have the moral courage to do that, he does not deserve to hold the office he does, nor does he deserve the respect of any US serviceman.

If he stood there and said 'we made mistakes, I take responsibility', people would have thought 'ok, mistakes happen, he is taking a strong and moral position, give hime our support'. I would have backed him had he said that, but he took the man child way out.

It is his responsibility to his troops to have the best leading them and he needs to hold those responsible for mistakes accountable. The buck stops here is a political statement that has worked for many presidents, evidently it is important to you that your president use that statement that basically holds no value. Many have said it, none have meant it. Yes he has to take responsibility and react accordingly to lesson the danger to his troops. The responsible thing to do is eliminate the weak link. I'm sure the family of the fallen hero was very pleased and proud of the phone call they got from President Trump. Yes I was in the military. Those who were not seem to know a lot about the chain of command sometimes, while they have never lived it. Trust me when you screw up your commander is not saying the buck stops with him.

dageurreotype    2,324

Well, wouldn't like to inconvenience Barry's new headquarters would they https://kek.gg/i/7QzfyF.png  the judge's decision being clearly in breach of the Logan Act, you know, the one they insist on throwing around about Trump. 

Not partisan, just use the critical thinking sadly lacking here.

Andaman Al    5,488
Posted (edited)

Yes perhaps you do,  funny you say Grubstaker as I ate at a restaurant with that name when back home, when I got home thirty minutes later the restaurant was gone, totally destroyed by a tornado. Maybe somebody or thing just missed me there. Maybe I should change my beliefs, not.

You can thank auto spell for that one. I corrected it before you finished posting.

Edited by Andaman Al

Andaman Al    5,488

It is his responsibility to his troops to have the best leading them and he needs to hold those responsible for mistakes accountable. The buck stops here is a political statement that has worked for many presidents, evidently it is important to you that your president use that statement that basically holds no value. Many have said it, none have meant it. Yes he has to take responsibility and react accordingly to lesson the danger to his troops. The responsible thing to do is eliminate the weak link. I'm sure the family of the fallen hero was very pleased and proud of the phone call they got from President Trump. Yes I was in the military. Those who were not seem to know a lot about the chain of command sometimes, while they have never lived it. Trust me when you screw up your commander is not saying the buck stops with him.

Well the Father of the fallen hero was not pleased at all concerning anything the President did or said surrounding the matter. Clearly US and British military have a different ethos as when I was a Military Commander I always took responsibility for what occurred with my men, as Blanchard wrote, when your people do something wrong, the first person you have to look at is yourself - did you brief them correctly, did you resource them correctly, did you plan correctly etc etc and if the answer has any doubt then you make improvements and you as the Commander accept responsibility. Everyone in my chain of command both up and down respected any person that stood up and took rightful responsibility. Funny I met a few really good US Military Commanders that I worked with closely and they were of the same military ethos. Your answer and thought processes are a grave disappointment to the great work they did.

iReason    7,990
Just now, Grubster said:

Those who lived in the projects [ large free housing complexes ] in Chicago rarely ever moved away

even when employment with really good pay was abundant in the 70s.

Generation after Generation.  

Yes they complain they want more, but rarely go looking to earn some legally.

Yes they are happy with their government welfare payments, what they use the money for I don't know but surely not raising their children

as most are just running around the streets selling or taking drugs.

Less than fifty percent know who their father is.

That is mostly the black element of the happy poverty, but there are many happy white continuos welfare people also.

I find most hispanics are much more family oriented and do try to better themselves,

but many live two or three families per home, not exactly what the american dream was built on.

Many are good people but we sure don't need more.

Any new immigrants will only decrease the living standards of all those I mentioned and take jobs away from those who want to better themselves.

Yup. Just makin' stuff up.

Just a huge  pile of ignorant clichés.

Gonna need more substantial data than the stereotypical drivel you've posted here.

"what they use the money for I don't know but surely not raising their children"

In other words, you're really not sure what you are talking about.

Just makin' stuff up to suit your racial profiling agenda.

And ; "Happy poverty"?? :blink:

"I find most hispanics are much more family oriented and do try to better themselves,

but many live two or three families per home, not exactly what the american dream was built on."

Since you seem to know, exactly what is the american dream built on?

"Any new immigrants will only decrease the living standards of all those I mentioned and take jobs away from those who want to better themselves."

Yup, just makin' stuff up and stating it as if it were fact.

P.S. Nice touch with the hispanic description: "Many are good people"

Where have I heard that before...

And of course, we sure don't need any more good people. 

According to you.