snoop1130

Queen formally approves law giving UK PM May power to trigger EU exit talks

68 posts in this topic

Queen formally approves law giving UK PM May power to trigger EU exit talks

 

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's Queen Elizabeth on Thursday formally granted Prime Minister Theresa May the power to trigger exit talks with the European Union, approving legislation which passed through parliament late on Monday.

 

The announcement, made in parliament by speaker John Bercow, confirms that May can begin divorce talks at any time, although her spokesman hinted on Monday that any such decision was likely to come towards the end of the month rather than in the coming days.

 

(Reporting by William James, Editing by Kylie MacLellan)

 
reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-3-16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God bless GBP  ,  now a fond  memory . RIP .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This would have been a story if Her Maj had NOT approved the law. It is a formality for the queen or her appointed rep in monarchical outposts, to approve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You would think that the UK was starting a war in Europe the way some posters and European leaders have said. The UK tried to work with the EU asked for better conditions and was told to naff off basically. It hasn't worked as its original common market model. The majority of people voted out and that is what we are doing. The EU will miss the money the UK has given them but that doesn't have to mean we stop trading. It is up to the EU now to work with the UK to have a mutual working relationship without the binding constraints and legislation the EU puts on its members.

 

Well done her majesty for respecting the will of the people. It is a shame the Lords didn't do the same. To the Bob Geldof luvvy types and the Gina Miller's. Start realizing the UK is leaving the EU and stop trying to disrupt it in anyway possible, as you are not only embarrassing yourself but showing just how out of touch you are with the people. Mostly those that voted leave seem to want the best for the UK. anything less is treason IMHO.

I could have done without the last clause re. treason (which stopped me 'liking' the post), but I agree with everything else in your post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

 

I agree with you too especially about the treason.

 

Perhaps now the moaners, whiners, whingers and the what iffs will keep the their stickybeaks out and let the PM get on with getting the best deal or no deal at all if that is what it takes.

 

 

If only Bill..........................not a cat in Hell's chance I fear.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You would think that the UK was starting a war in Europe the way some posters and European leaders have said. The UK tried to work with the EU asked for better conditions and was told to naff off basically. It hasn't worked as its original common market model. The majority of people voted out and that is what we are doing. The EU will miss the money the UK has given them but that doesn't have to mean we stop trading. It is up to the EU now to work with the UK to have a mutual working relationship without the binding constraints and legislation the EU puts on its members.

 

Well done her majesty for respecting the will of the people. It is a shame the Lords didn't do the same. To the Bob Geldof luvvy types and the Gina Miller's. Start realizing the UK is leaving the EU and stop trying to disrupt it in anyway possible, as you are not only embarrassing yourself but showing just how out of touch you are with the people. Mostly those that voted leave seem to want the best for the UK. anything less is treason IMHO.

By,By, EU.Don't fret though,you still have Greece,Italy,and Spain to care for (with out The UK's money). 555555

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cats4ever said:

This would have been a story if Her Maj had NOT approved the law. It is a formality for the queen or her appointed rep in monarchical outposts, to approve.

Will Mel Gibson be on the New Scottish money; after they leave the UK ?

Can't do better then Brave Heart !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2017 at 9:05 AM, Laughing Gravy said:

You would think that the UK was starting a war in Europe the way some posters and European leaders have said. The UK tried to work with the EU asked for better conditions and was told to naff off basically. It hasn't worked as its original common market model. The majority of people voted out and that is what we are doing. The EU will miss the money the UK has given them but that doesn't have to mean we stop trading. It is up to the EU now to work with the UK to have a mutual working relationship without the binding constraints and legislation the EU puts on its members.

 

Well done her majesty for respecting the will of the people. It is a shame the Lords didn't do the same. To the Bob Geldof luvvy types and the Gina Miller's. Start realizing the UK is leaving the EU and stop trying to disrupt it in anyway possible, as you are not only embarrassing yourself but showing just how out of touch you are with the people. Mostly those that voted leave seem to want the best for the UK. anything less is treason IMHO.

So true. If I had known what the UK & the EU would become today I'd NEVER have voted to join in the 1975 referendum.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:47 PM, Blindedbythelight said:

Will Mel Gibson be on the New Scottish money; after they leave the UK ?

Can't do better then Brave Heart !

Mickey Mouse would be more appropriate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/3/2560 at 9:10 AM, whatawonderfulday said:

Mickey Mouse would be more appropriate

Enjoy your Green Beer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2017 at 9:05 AM, Laughing Gravy said:

You would think that the UK was starting a war in Europe the way some posters and European leaders have said. The UK tried to work with the EU asked for better conditions and was told to naff off basically. It hasn't worked as its original common market model. The majority of people voted out and that is what we are doing. The EU will miss the money the UK has given them but that doesn't have to mean we stop trading. It is up to the EU now to work with the UK to have a mutual working relationship without the binding constraints and legislation the EU puts on its members.

 

Well done her majesty for respecting the will of the people. It is a shame the Lords didn't do the same. To the Bob Geldof luvvy types and the Gina Miller's. Start realizing the UK is leaving the EU and stop trying to disrupt it in anyway possible, as you are not only embarrassing yourself but showing just how out of touch you are with the people. Mostly those that voted leave seem to want the best for the UK. anything less is treason IMHO.

I do not wish to be "in touch with the people" if the people are such numpties.

 

At least it's decided now and the numpties can see how it benefits them.....

 

You've always got Trump to rely on anyway!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 27 July 2017 10:00
Sponsors