webfact

"Many foreign victims expected" as two beefy extortionists arrested in Chiang Mai set-up

136 posts in this topic

Have seen them both at the Roo Bar a few times over the last few years.  The Oz is the guy with the beard and was pretty quiet did not notice any patch, the other guy wore Gremium stuff more than anythinng,  a lot more gregarious.  Both seeemed harmless, having said that everyone at Roo Bar (myself included) often look like they would not be out of place on a Crimewatch broadcast.

2 people like this

17 minutes ago, BaldRichard said:

From another Thai service

244353-800x600.jpg

244354-800x600.jpg

Quality tourist

1 person likes this

too much white trash here in CM

2 people like this

I'd like to know how Khun Leonard found himself owing money to someone who uses unorthodox collection methods? It does not look like some random extortion ... like a boiler room operation targeting an innocent victim.

26 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Not condoning these two men. But do you know how difficult it is to collect debt through the law in any country. Here in Thailand it's near on impossible.

I had some friends I used to train with. Our instructor and two brothers from Glasgow. They did nightclub door work, security and debt collecting. They followed a guy round in a EU country, took pics of his wife, kids, family home etc. Then when he went to the UK on business they abducted him, threatened him, including with guns, and threatened his family.

All to collect a debt and get paid. They got 12 years for the leader and 8 years for the other two.

Debt collection might be a difficult process but in most countries making threats with violence results in a custodial sentence.

1 person likes this

36 minutes ago, BaldRichard said:

Have seen them both at the Roo Bar a few times over the last few years.  The Oz is the guy with the beard and was pretty quiet did not notice any patch, the other guy wore Gremium stuff more than anythinng,  a lot more gregarious.  Both seeemed harmless, having said that everyone at Roo Bar (myself included) often look like they would not be out of place on a Crimewatch broadcast.

For the life of me i fail to see the manliness of being in a motorcycle gang. I would even go as far to say it's a sign of a coward.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The police allege that the pair have been involved in many similar cases of extortion with menaces against the foreign community. They are confident that there are other "foreign mafia figures" behind these two arrests.

So, I suppose we should expect that they would soon be released and allowed to carry on just as before. Or will it be different this time? I'm not holding my breath.

Interesting choice of words "confident." 

Meanwhile efforts will be focused on making sure that people who have overstayed their visas will be deported and not allowed back into the country for years.

1 person likes this

ID: 29   Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, webfact said:

They are confident that there are other "foreign mafia figures" behind these two arrests.

Foreigners eh?

Pesky critters, so they are...

Edited by Bluespunk
1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Foreigners eh?

Pesky critters, so they are...

well fair enough you know thais would never do anything like this

2 people like this