Jump to content
Thailand Forum
Rimmer

Pattaya slowly cleaning up spaghetti wiring mess

Recommended Posts

Pattaya28    3,240
7 hours ago, overherebc said:

I often wonder how many of these wires are redundant. Run a new cable and just leave the old one instead of removing it.

Probably 99% are redundant.

And must be impossible to sort the mess.

99% of the cables are not labelled.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pattaya28    3,240
2 hours ago, Philthyphil said:

Further down a bit they may have done just that. Or maybe the litter has grown over the top of them.

It is hard to say.

but I think you maybe onto something.

image.jpeg

Image of Pattaya in all its' glory.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fish monger    481

All of you that have posted photos of he wires and trash are only destroying the 'image' of Pattaya and Thailand in general...! What is wrong with you people...?   (SARC)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wakeupplease    1,840

Something Mr Gates said a few months ago  maybe, O how some hate publicity???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hawker9000    3,985
12 hours ago, redwinecheese said:

"beautification" crap, they need to put these cables and wires under ground otherwise they should just shove up their asses.  When it rains no more internet nor cable tv.

Yeah, I can just imagine such excavation efforts and the protracted traffic tie-ups and outages they'd cause. 

 

Does the current effort involve just internet/cable, or power lines as well?  Should people be expecting lots of power outages?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Philthyphil    199
45 minutes ago, hawker9000 said:

Yeah, I can just imagine such excavation efforts and the protracted traffic tie-ups and outages they'd cause. 

 

Does the current effort involve just internet/cable, or power lines as well?  Should people be expecting lots of power outages?

 

 

It would take a year to clear the rubbish just to get to the ground to start digging.

That last photo is actually on a raised road. 

It is a much higher pile than the photo suggests.

It is a shame they have ruined that Soi with its near perfect wiring.

 

Ifbyou go down there late arfternoon you just see truck after truck driving down there dumping rubbish. It isn't just people throwing food wrappers out the window.

 

They burn it at night. That is part of the reason the air is so bad in Pattaya and the views from the luxury condos so smoggy in the mornings.It ain't sea mist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
elgordo38    9,505
17 hours ago, Philthyphil said:

Further down a bit they may have done just that. Or maybe the litter has grown over the top of them.

It is hard to say.

but I think you maybe onto something.

image.jpeg

Its just amazing how mankind is learning to co-exist with filth the solid and the two legged kind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jonmarleesco    1,628

One of these days, the BMA might actually decide it would be a damned good idea to clean up the cable forest in Bangkok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Deerhunter    2,296
On 3/17/2017 at 2:15 PM, overherebc said:

I often wonder how many of these wires are redundant. Run a new cable and just leave the old one instead of removing it.

Or run a new cable for every new connection instead of figuring out which is your (company) cable and connecting to that.  Surely if every new company did that it would come down to one cable per cable  TV company.

 

Also, I do not have cable but from comments on this forum, it appears that some companies are apparently closing their service down which means there shoud be some redundant cables there already anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
overherebc    4,295
57 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

Or run a new cable for every new connection instead of figuring out which is your (company) cable and connecting to that.  Surely if every new company did that it would come down to one cable per cable  TV company.

 

Also, I do not have cable but from comments on this forum, it appears that some companies are apparently closing their service down which means there shoud be some redundant cables there already anyway

One of the things that promted my comment on redundant wires comes from seeing one of the local roads being widened and the concrete poles being moved. Prior to moving there must have been more than 30 or 40 wires. Now the poles have maybe 9 or 10 wires and the rest have gone?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
uchibenkei    206
On Friday, March 17, 2017 at 6:58 PM, Philthyphil said:

Further down a bit they may have done just that. Or maybe the litter has grown over the top of them.

It is hard to say.

but I think you maybe onto something.

image.jpeg

Is that the nature all the tourists come for?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
scorecard    8,605
16 minutes ago, uchibenkei said:

Is that the nature all the tourists come for?

 

 

What does it look like after the tangles etc., have been fixed? 

 

-Is the wiring still visible above ground but less tangled?

 

-Has it gone underground?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wakeupplease    1,840
On 17/03/2017 at 3:03 PM, fish monger said:

All of you that have posted photos of he wires and trash are only destroying the 'image' of Pattaya and Thailand in general...! What is wrong with you people...?   (SARC)

Telling it as it is and not as TAT want to tell tourists who spend loads getting here only to be disappointed with the truth< best go to Norway then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
anotheruser    3,307
On 3/17/2017 at 11:30 AM, wakeupplease said:

Something Mr Gates said a few months ago  maybe, O how some hate publicity???

I am sure he is lying awake at night worrying about the defamation suiting that will be pending soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 25 September 2017 02:21
Sponsors
×