rooster59

One week to go: Walking Street more like Hell Zone than Happy Zone as man attacked

92 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

"Come to a settlement"..... the guy had a gun in his ribs, death threat and beaten up, left alone in investigation room with assailants.....  the RTP are turning Thailand into the Liberia of S.E. Asia.

All very positive for the global image of tourism and tourist well treatment and safety!

1 person likes this

I was chatting up a gal in Insomnia last year while 5 huge young Farang power lifter types walked in. The  security staff looked like cowed puppies. An hour earlier, they had struck, and  literally thrown out two slender Farangs who had committed the unspeakable act of questioning their inflated bar tab.LOL

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, AlphMichaels said:

Never take pics inside a bar in Thailand.  A well-known fact.  If the owner/manager says "OK", you're fine.  If you don't ask, you could be in trouble.  If you don't know and you're a first-timer, you didn't do your research before coming which seems to be the case all too often in recent years.   

Where is this encyclopedia of "resarch" I have lived here 18 months and it's the first I've heard about not taking pictures in a bar. If you cannot use cameras there should be a sign on the entrance to the establishment. 

2 people like this

A walk down the street by a few 'Officials' and a declaration that everything is good is NOT CHANGE. 17% of Thailand's GDP comes from Tourism unless they really truly want to keep this and increase it they need to do much better.  The tide ALWAYS turns.

2 people like this

They're called Bouncers but are Criminals.....

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, carmine said:

All very positive for the global image of tourism and tourist well treatment and safety!

This Indian ain't a tourist. 

4 minutes ago, Philthyphil said:

This Indian ain't a tourist. 

Thanks for pointing out that is allowed to attack long time residents, only not tourists, and that the world should take note of it when considering to condemn an attack or not.

1 person likes this

ID: 28   Posted (edited)

It is true some gangster can kill you any time, end of story.

Edited by spacebass

It is time for the main world countries give strong warnings to their citizens about Thailand being unsafe with no Police authority to protect them. Then Thailand may do something. But another big dream.

It is time for the main world countries give strong warnings to their citizens about Thailand being unsafe with no Police authority to protect them. Then Thailand may do something. But another big dream.

Oh the irony. You think the rest of the world's seedy red light District's are safe, with police everywhere?

Pattaya is Disneyland compared to them!
2 people like this

2 minutes ago, payttayasquirt said:

Oh the irony. You think the rest of the world's seedy red light District's are safe, with police everywhere?

Pattaya is Disneyland compared to them!

Well thats simply not true.  No further comment required.

2 people like this

12 minutes ago, shaurene said:

I would use the term, "show caution" instead but nothing will be done regardless.  Take the money and brush everything else under the rug.

54 minutes ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

A walk down the street by a few 'Officials' and a declaration that everything is good is NOT CHANGE. 17% of Thailand's GDP comes from Tourism unless they really truly want to keep this and increase it they need to do much better.  The tide ALWAYS turns.

Agreed.Cambodia is developing by leaps and bounds.

6 minutes ago, shaurene said:

Turn t up.

the main world counties you refer to are bombing Syrian women and children in their homes daily, before it was Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Laos etc etc. No protection there.

Do you really think some story about an Indian in a Pattaya nightclub who claims he was attacked by ten men, but with no obvious wounds, is really significant or will even be remembered in a month.

This story has as much credablity as the fake Irishmens claims that the Thai van driver stole his money and beat him up. The Irishmen made it up and so did this Indian. And even if it was true, it was Indian verses Indian anyway. 

The thais do an excellent job controlling the thousands of drunken idiots on walking street night after night. For such an alcohol fueled zone it is very safe. Idiots are dealt with swiftly.and very effectively. 

IT is remarkable really. I have been a regular visitor to walking street since before it was even walking street. I have never seen Thais starting trouble, but when needed they certainly know how to finish it and keep it safe for the happy partygoers.

And yes they all unite at the drop of a hat and work as a team when required, which is the best way to deal with out of control drunks, drug affected fools and general trouble making idiots who can't control their excitement, unlike in the "main world" countries where bystanders are too scared to get involved.

While there are plenty of drunks wandering around Walking Street- most do not cause trouble- and most are taken advantage of by the bars and its 'staff'. The whole atmosphere that have developed there is not a fun atmosphere but one in which the establishments are looking for every opportunity they can to rip off customers and when someone protests- they get beat upon.

While  this last incident involved a customer of Indian background- the nationality is not important- it is a reasonable account based upon the things that happen constantly on this street.

To those who like getting ripped off- keep going. In a few more years- it will be completely changed with the influx of Chinese and middle to upper class Thais who will not put up with the current situation.

The establishment owners have caused the decline in business by being greedy; not controlling their staff and allowing the use of guns and drugs on their premises. It won't be long before they are back in the rice fields of Issan.

2 people like this

Walking street is a cheap night out. $3 icy cold frothies brought to you in air conditioned comfort with beautiful naked dancing Angels dancing for you, or a happy nightclub where the drinks are a bit pricier, or cheapish oceanfront seafood while looking  out at the ocean or a range of bands with Farang or Thai music with no cover charge.

It is that cheap, I have to ask myself sometimes, can really I afford NOT to go?

Ripped off you say? 

Upper class Thais you say? How many do you think a gentrified walking street will attract. They have other places to go. Keep dreaming?

much funner  than sitting at home watching the idiot box.

1 hour ago, Bartman1369 said:

Where is this encyclopedia of "resarch" I have lived here 18 months and it's the first I've heard about not taking pictures in a bar. If you cannot use cameras there should be a sign on the entrance to the establishment. 

Try taking a picture in a strip bar in the US and see what happens.

2 people like this

Walking Street cheap? I know of other places in Asia where you can get the same atmosphere for half the price and the girls actually like the customers as opposed to thailand where the only goal is to rip a customer off as quick as possible and at the same time speak badly about them. Once one learns Thai- it is perfectly obvious what Walking Street is about. 

As I said keep going to Walking Street- because the owners and staff love those who know nothing about their method of operation.  The Army is going to demolish the seaside operations and the continual raids will destroy the GoGo and sex places within a 2 year period. 

After that you will still be able to visit your favorite 'service girl' but you may have to travel to Issan to find her planting rice.

1 person likes this