Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
rooster59

Phuket tourism operators display their wares in Berlin

5 hours ago, DrDave said:

I think that the southwestern region of Phuket (Kata, Nai Harn, Rawai) has always been popular with western Europeans and Scandinavians, and probably will continue to be so unless something major happens to repel them in the future. I'm guessing that a significant number also have dive trips on their agenda when selecting a holiday destination, so that helps.

You're right, but the Swedes have been outnumbered by the Russians this season in Karon/Kata, and I fully anticipate a further increase in Russians for next season. 

1 hour ago, NamKangMan said:

Interesting article, dated July 2016.

http://www.dw.com/en/tourism-boom-in-spain/a-19408343

"Foreign visitors, most of them from Britain and Germany, are crowding into Mallorca. By the end of October, an estimated 26.4 million tourists will have passed through Palma's airport; that would be four million more than the same period last year."

"Spain is a popular destination for German tourists. Airline bookings for Germans headed to Spain in June and July are up 13.2 percent and 15.9 percent respectively, compared to the same period last year."

I went to the Costa Del Sol for a few days last year and the decline in tourist numbers during the 90s and 00s has forced the Spanish to get their act together and in many ways it's a much more pleasant experience than Phuket as resort areas have been designed with tourists in mind with clean, pedestrianised areas, offering a great choice of restaurants, bars and shopping in pleasant, unpolluted surroundings. Of course it's more expensive and it's a summer destination.  Phuket will only ever be a winter haunt for most Europeans.

A friend visiting from the UK today told me there's no one here, nothing to do (not a sex tourist) and is bored shitless. He won't be back.