rooster59

The week that was in Thailand news: Pigeon, pigeon….like your English!

12 posts in this topic

The video of your  Fino  Fiddler was on Thai TV  this afternoon ,my missus thought it  funny , they interviewed the bike owner   did not what to make of it  Kit-Mie -Ork  was his comment  they then interviewed a  Thai  female  student  ,  who was a bit embarrassed,  by it all,  then they  did it the Thai way, put a plastic  bag  over the  offending  slit .

Again   according  to   Thai tv the woman running naked over the bridge  was French, trying to fly the flag for  the old country , again  my misses looked at  me and said  Farang  -Bar- Chip ....   crazy  foreigners  .

I have read that only  twelve  episodes  of Fawlty  Towers made ,  thought  it was a lot more .

Another  good   piece .

Sorry tried to give you a like but the like button is on holidays. The site seems to be going through a wonky stage today which is not uncommon to new marriages. 

1 hour ago, elgordo38 said:

Sorry tried to give you a like but the like button is on holidays. The site seems to be going through a wonky stage today which is not uncommon to new marriages. 

...need a magnifying glass to read the topics...any ideas how to correct?

1 person likes this

22 hours ago, rooster59 said:

“Oh, not pigs – pigeon, pigeon – like your English” screamed his boss – a put down that Rooster has borrowed on many an occasion in Thailand with invariably oblivious looks as a reward.

Spoken it might have passed the (sort of ) homonym test, but if the lovely Sybil Fawlty had been within earshot. I'm sure she would have pointed out to Basil that Manuel's English could be described as "pidgin" not "pigeon" English.

2 hours ago, tandor said:

...need a magnifying glass to read the topics...any ideas how to correct?

Birthing taking place bear down sorry with us. 

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Spoken it might have passed the (sort of ) homonym test, but if the lovely Sybil Fawlty had been within earshot. I'm sure she would have pointed out to Basil that Manuel's English could be described as "pidgin" not "pigeon" English.

Fawlty having found a pigeon in the water tank was actually saying "pigeon, pigeon" but inferring that is was 'like' pidgin. The writer quoted him correctly.

2 people like this

13 hours ago, Jane Dough said:

Fawlty having found a pigeon in the water tank was actually saying "pigeon, pigeon" but inferring that is was 'like' pidgin. The writer quoted him correctly.

I didn't say he misquoted him, but that Sybil would have pounced on it had she been present.

14 hours ago, Jane Dough said:

See. No Sybil.

As always a very entertaining post Rooster , thanks.

18 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Birthing taking place bear down sorry with us. 

..Control/Scroll worked..thnx..chickenlegs.

1 person likes this