bkk6060

Is there a Nazi contingent in Thailand?

73 posts in this topic

I am just asking the question.  Maybe too controversial to remain a thread?

Anyway, over the past 5 days I have seen 5 incidents that make me wonder.

A few days ago, 2 white dudes were walking down Sukhumvit Nana area wearing shirts with swastikas on the back  Maybe just a novelty item shirt?

Then, yesterday I saw 2 dudes in a bar that were definitely Aryan types.  Ex-con looking with exposed Nazi tattoos and other horrific symbols.

Then today, I saw a white dude with a hat with a swastika on the front label.

I cannot remember the last time I saw any of this in the US.  But, this is Thailand so maybe no one has concern or possibly knows what the symbol means?

1 person likes this

Interesting comment.

Ex con looking.

As for the Swastika.

Many of the younger generation don't think of the symbol in a way older generations do.

It doesn't bother me either way,as it is past history.

1 person likes this

ID: 8   Posted (edited)

AlexRich (and some others...), i think they understand too much more than you and your honest believe as i think you don't know nothing about the swastika symbolism

most of people in thailand don't know nothing about ww in europe, but well about buddhism, sangskri, and jainism

enjoy : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

Edited by silverado
1 person likes this

35 minutes ago, silverado said:

AlexRich (and some others...), i think they understand too much more than you and your honest believe as i think you don't know nothing about the swastika symbolism

most of people in thailand don't know nothing about ww in europe, but well about buddhism, sangskri, and jainism

enjoy : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

Only your opinion is valid? :passifier:

1 person likes this

ID: 10   Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Only your opinion is valid? :passifier:

my opinion is that there is no nazi contingent in thailand  (at least among thai people) , and the connection to the swastika cross on shirts is explained in the wikipedia link i gave before. i agree  with those (as you ?)  who believe that most thai don't even know the meaning of nazi....

anyway , i trust what is written on wikipedia  and yess, i think this is valid

Edited by silverado
2 people like this

9 hours ago, djayz said:

Yes, it is history but it must never be forgotten or trivialized. It's a part of modern history that blemishes Europe, dare I say the West. 

Millions of people lost their lives because on a few fanatics. 

You don't say, but not a few fanatics at all. Most of Germany identified and/or agreed with what was going on and reason why they were continually pelted into submission by the Brits/Yanks. They had to have it.

Op, clearly on the rise in Europe especially, but I guess they can get away with it here.

2 hours ago, daveAustin said:

You don't say, but not a few fanatics at all. Most of Germany identified and/or agreed with what was going on and reason why they were continually pelted into submission by the Brits/Yanks. They had to have it.

Op, clearly on the rise in Europe especially, but I guess they can get away with it here.

A few fanatics who led the sheep. A lot of Germans wanted nothing to do with it, but out of fear, they kept their mouths shut and went along with it. 

Yes, it seems to be on the rise in Europe... maybe time for another war? 

1 person likes this

I've even seen a pickuptruck in BKK with a huge "HITLER" sticker on the rear windscreen.

In Terminal 21 they sold shirts with swastika's and they were in fashion last year. Thai have no idea what it stands for in the West, they just think it's cool.

I've seen several Thai with swastika shirts but that was last year when they were in fashion. White guys wearing them (or tattoo's) sure know what it means and i don't understand what they are doing here.

There is another thread about it on this forum.

There was a fuss a few year's back when a restaurant called "Hitler Chicken" or something close to that opened in Bangkok.  

There do seem to be some pretty hard core Australian and Euro Biker gangs in the Pattaya area but they seem to concern themselves more with commercial enterprises than white power.