Jump to content
Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Disagree - my wife is from Vietnam, she came to meet here in Bangkok me two days ago - they made her buy a return ticket in Ho Chi Minh airport or she couldn't board - first time this has ever happened, she has met me here a dozen times in last 5 years, never needed a return ticket before Saturday.  She has never failed to return on time, never overstayed........maybe just a new rule for Asean travellers??

Did she have a visa? Because that was Upnotover referred to, as has been explained earlier in the thread.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you will fly to the Philippines without having a Philippine residency visa, you need an onward ticket, at least when flying Cebupacific.

You cannot board without showing them one. (if necessary, they are willing to check for you the cheapest option and you can buy this ticket when checking in)

Munotlaw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Disagree - my wife is from Vietnam, she came to meet here in Bangkok me two days ago - they made her buy a return ticket in Ho Chi Minh airport or she couldn't board - first time this has ever happened, she has met me here a dozen times in last 5 years, never needed a return ticket before Saturday.  She has never failed to return on time, never overstayed........maybe just a new rule for Asean travellers??

I am pretty sure she was trying to travel without a visa, and enter Thailand visa exempt. This is completely different from the OP's situation, entering Thailand with a valid Non Imm O visa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BritTim said:

I am pretty sure she was trying to travel without a visa, and enter Thailand visa exempt. This is completely different from the OP's situation, entering Thailand with a valid Non Imm O visa.

You are correct, Visa on Arrival but first time she has been required to have a return ticket........not a problem, just curious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

You are correct, Visa on Arrival but first time she has been required to have a return ticket........not a problem, just curious.

When traveling without a visa, intending to enter Thailand visa exempt (not to be confused with visa on arrival which is different, and open to other nationalities) the airline check in is always liable to ask for an onward ticket out of Thailand. They are less likely to check when using regional flights but (as your wife discovered) it can still happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have a Visa you don't need to show them a flight ticket to go out of Thaialnd.
If you arrive without Visa, some airlines ask for it, it is a IATA requirement I have been told...
Nevertheless, if you don't mind wasting time, raising voice, play drama queen and be looked down by the rest of the passengers at the checking desk, they always end up giving you your boarding pass...


Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tomaway said:

If you arrive without Visa, some airlines ask for it, it is a IATA requirement I have been told...

The IATA info only lists Thailand's requirements. They are not their requirements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info UbonJoe.

 

It happened to me several time coming back to Thailand after work and having only a 1 way ticket.

 

In the end, most of the company have a paper saying that you will pay for your ticket in case immigration doesn't grant you entry in the kingdom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately though the requirements as stated for the single-entry visa on the LA Consulate website state under Requirements:  " 1 copy of airline ticket (confirmed onward ticket – showing flights into and out of Thailand. Either paper ticket or confirmed e-ticket is acceptable. Itinerary is NOT accepted."

 

http://www.thaiconsulatela.org/service_visa_detail.aspx?link_id=32

 

I just called the LA Consulate and  the operator confirmed the requirement.

 

It's possible I'll be able to get a better deal buying a one way rather than a round trip.

And I hate to pin myself down to a precise exit date if that's the case.

 

So unless the info is incorrect, if I do get a one way in I'll buy a cheap ticket out of Thailand to a neighboring country to submit to the Consulate.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

So unless the info is incorrect, if I do get a one way in I'll buy a cheap ticket out of Thailand to a neighboring country to submit to the Consulate.

You don"t need a round trip ticket. You can get one way ticket and a ticket out of Thailand to anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 20 November 2017 04:43
Sponsors
×