Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
Thaivisa Web Content Team

This is why Coke and Pepsi taste so different - and it's down to one simple thing

You're either a Coke devotee or you're a Pepsi fan, but you're never both.

Each and every one of us prefers one of over the other and remains faithful to that choice.

Discerning soft drink enthusiasts state there IS a difference in taste between two of the world's biggest food brands' most famous product.

But, apart from wildly divergent marketing campaigns and different packaging, are the two really so dissimilar, taste-wise?

As it turns out, yes. And it's down to one thing.

What marks Coke and Pepsi apart, Wales Online reports, is in fact their individual flavours. 

While Coke has a vanilla flavour, its arch-nemesis tastes more citrusy.

Going in to more detail in his book, Blink, author Malcolm Gladwell explained:

"Pepsi is sweeter than Coke, so right away it had a big advantage in a sip test.

"Pepsi is also characterised by a citrusy flavour burst, unlike the more raisiny-vanilla taste of Coke.

"But that burst tends to dissipate over the course of an entire can. Pepsi, in short, is a drink built to shine in a sip test."

As for the nutritional content, Pepsi has slightly more sugar, calories, and caffeine. Coke has slightly more sodium.

Full article

They are both just cola to me. I maybe could pick one out in a taste test. But I am faithful to neither. I drink them when they're provided, but never buy for myself.

• Like 2

The ex brought 6 cans of Dr Pepper back from Singapore for me, bless her little heart. Recall had bottle of Jack D and asked friend to bring over some 7 Up for mixing. He brought sugar free? Are you f'in kidding me? Jeezus!

I prefer Coke in glass bottles... yum yum... plastic and cans kill the flavor.

In consumer behavior class at uni, prof did blind taste test with 9 students of American piss, er beer: Bud, Oly and Blitz. 27 trials, 1/3 were correct = couldn't tell difference, pure chance. Funny thing was I only student who got all three right (not a frat boy like most buz students). I was long hair wine drinkin pot smokin type..... go figure

2 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

It's down to how much Jack Daniels in it. Never had a pl

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I prefer not to pollute my JD with additives.......just an ice cube.........:thumbsup:......:partytime2:

• Like 1

Would not even wash my feet in either of them, horrible stuff.

Mind you I must admit, both are excellent for cleaning up dirty old coins and making them look like new again!!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Personally, I'm neither; tried both, hate both.

Ditto all other brands of cola I've ever tried; and most other fizzy drinks come to that.

Fancy a beer, perhaps?

The simple fact is if you are addicted to either your risk of diabetes, obesity and other health risks increase dramatically over time.

I’m at a loss to understand why people drink toxic drinks when there are so many wonderful, fresh squeezed fruit juices available everywhere.  Not to mention the incredible health benefits of fresh coconut milk.

And we wonder why people are dropping like files in mid life and younger.

Filtered water is great also!

• Like 1