snoop1130

Man dies in car crash with son of top comedian

35 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Prbkk said:

Read: couldn't slow down from 150kph, or faster.

...or, just as likely for speculation, slower.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Prbkk said:

However a major contributing factor in these events is the outrageous speed on the highways....they come up like a bat out of hell, just as in this case.

What exactly was the "outrageous speed" he was travelling at?  What is the speed limit at that point?

51 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

he is as equally at fault as is the BMW driver who was travelling at what appeared to be warp speed...the BMW driver was on his way home, so he knows the road and the black spot, who in their right mind would travel that fast being fully aware of the spot

I drive, I stick to the speed limit, I know where black spots are on long stretches, and have never had to apply my the brakes because I know when to slow down to avoid such accidents,

The BMW was going at "warp speed"?  I know that is a figure of speech but using it that way suggests that you know he was travelling excessively fast, how do you know that?

You must be the worlds most marvelous driver if you never have to apply the brakes in your car.  Congratulations.

A post containing a video with graphic images has been removed. 

Here's a reconstruction of what happen in Lego.

2 people like this

The overall problem here may not be the driving but the ridiculously unsafe u-turns that have to be made across the busiest highway in the country. I seem them building more bridges so I hope they plan to abandon this middle lanes u-turns asap. 

ID: 22   Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, gdgbb said:

What exactly was the "outrageous speed" he was travelling at?  What is the speed limit at that point?

The BMW was going at "warp speed"?  I know that is a figure of speech but using it that way suggests that you know he was travelling excessively fast, how do you know that?

You must be the worlds most marvelous driver if you never have to apply the brakes in your car.  Congratulations.

I find using gears to slow down when required to be more suitable on the stretches since you asked why "I never apply brakes" and yes I consider myself a good driver, never having had an accident in my 40 years on the road, driving and riding.

Edited by 4MyEgo

The U-turns at the Rangsit-Nakorn Nayok are designed very poorly. The main road has no design allocation for cars to do a U turn. Normally you slide to a lane on the right to made the turn but this road has no such design allocation. It is a straight road and lanes are drawn to allow an U-turn. Sometimes barriers are set up to facilitate the turn causing massive jams when cars switch from 4 lanes to 2 lanes. It is dangerous as well as disruptive. Plus the fact that there are just too many U-turn on a major road. The authority should stop all the u-turns and build a U-turn bridge at the end of both sides of the road. It is almost every week that an accident happen at the u-turns whether it is cars or bikes.  

I think you all missed the part that the BMW drove in the middle lane. If the U-Turner still drove on the right lane nothing where happen. But ... him want drive to the left lane without to look it's free.

Why someone must break if the right lane is empty and everyone can do a U-Turn without problems???

Me not. And I drive in Thailand now for 25 years and never had a accident.

So don't blame the BMW driver.

Doing the U-turn when cars are speeding past.

No safety sense  .....:shock1:

Trying to decode what that news article says, but was the accident at a intersection and one car could not stop soon enough and hit the other car at the intersection?

18 hours ago, Prbkk said:

Read: couldn't slow down from 150kph, or faster.

Still the other driver was in a u-turn making him the responsible one 90%.Whoever devised these u-turns into a high speed highway had a very dumb idea.

1 person likes this

A number of abusive, off topic posts and answers have been removed.

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I find using gears to slow down when required to be more suitable on the stretches since you asked why "I never apply brakes" and yes I consider myself a good driver, never having had an accident in my 40 years on the road, driving and riding.

I didn't ask you why you never apply the brakes, I simply congratulated you on your ability "to never have had to use them".  Never? Really?  God help your gearbox!

28 year old son and 43 year old dad, not related to the accident I know.