snoop1130

NACC accuse 13 police officers of corruption over procurement of over 19,000 motorcycles

23 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, colinneil said:

The RTP office will set up a committee,  :cheesy:

What for?? Everybody knows they are all corrupt.

Come on Colin......You know too well that a Committee has to be formed.......meetings, expenses paid excursions....probably to Japan where the bikes were made, business lunches, expenses, file reporting, expenses, proof reading, expenses.............committees....a must have in today's democracy ..:whistling:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 17   Posted (edited)

17 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I was under the impression that cops had to buy their own uniform, equipment and bike etc.

If that is the case and 19,000 motor bikes have been purchased, and then presumably sold, 19,000X 40,000(Average sale price) = 760,000,000 Baht!

Yes, I think they have some serious explaining to do.

Don't expect any prosecutions though, just redistribution of the wealth.

 

Previously (till 2014) one of my former companies did maintenance and repairs on several Bangkok Police Tiger Boxer motorcycles. The were having 2 types, the 200cc and the 250cc. 9 out of 10 were the 200cc versions.

 

The standard Tiger Boxer 200cc costs 64,000.-

The price of a standard Tiger Boxer 250 is 72,000.-.


The police bikes are different equiped than the standard ones and several are using the special tuned 4-stroke "Cagiva" engines (copied). They also have a different suspension. We were importer & dealer for 2 Italian brands (Aprilia & Cagiva). 

 

Average price when purchasing over 19,000 pieces will be least 60,000.- THB for the 200cc version. So we're talking about a total purchase price over at least 1 billion THB. 

Some Mercedes dealers must have been very happy....

Edited by FredNL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the time the ''Committee'' has any findings the birds will have either died off from natural causes or flown to the expensive homes they bought abroad with the proceeds.   Nobody will go to jail, have assets seized or lose any pension rights !

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

I rarely see cops on motorbikes and then it's a couple with gold topped helmets doubled up. Where are these bikes?

They are sold to people in the villages where no one ask for the correct papers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

I rarely see cops on motorbikes and then it's a couple with gold topped helmets doubled up. Where are these bikes?

 

Probably out in rural Thailand. I see a lot in Khampaeng Phet province.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I was under the impression that cops had to buy their own uniform, equipment and bike etc.

If that is the case and 19,000 motor bikes have been purchased, and then presumably sold, 19,000X 40,000(Average sale price) = 760,000,000 Baht!

Yes, I think they have some serious explaining to do.

Don't expect any prosecutions though, just redistribution of the wealth.

To become a "general" is not a cheap maneuver or step up. One must become creative to accomplish this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Come on Colin......You know too well that a Committee has to be formed.......meetings, expenses paid excursions....probably to Japan where the bikes were made, business lunches, expenses, file reporting, expenses, proof reading, expenses.............committees....a must have in today's democracy ..:whistling:

 

Exactly, need a full investigation, with trips to foreign countries to compare process and making sure Committee members have access to top info and technology so they can give the final findings with full knowledge and a straight face:

 

"All cleared, we did not find any corruption, they are exemplary and above any suspicion" Next :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/03/2017 at 5:44 PM, CantSpell said:

 

Exactly, need a full investigation, with trips to foreign countries to compare process and making sure Committee members have access to top info and technology so they can give the final findings with full knowledge and a straight face:

 

"All cleared, we did not find any corruption, they are exemplary and above any suspicion" Next :)

 

The Tiger Boxers were made in Thailand down in BKK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 25 June 2017 13:56
Sponsors