Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

14 arrests of "influential foreign criminals" in Pattaya

possum1931    6,411
5 hours ago, A1Str8 said:

Were they already wearing those masks prior to the arrest? What's that some kind of Russian camo?

I bet some of them were not wearing shirts before their arrest. I saw a lot of these disgraceful b@stards in Pattaya last week.

jippytum    340

As these people where involved in illegal business in Pattaya over many years it would have been better if the local police  had not turned a 'blind eye ' and arrested these villains years ago .If not  ordered to do so  by Interpol these villains would still be on the streets of Pattaya

FredNL    687

So they had a bust at the weekly "Criminals from all over the world convention" in Pattaya.

sanukjim    1,603
5 hours ago, ezzra said:

A step in the right direction, these motley crew of organized crimes

who found refuge in a sunny, easy place to bland in and resume normal

life should be all rounded up and send back to cesspools they came from....

I think that maybe the LOS bib knew the plight of these Russian shxts when they came in to here but waited until the reward from Russia was negotiated in their favor before the round up.

toofarnorth    499

" Welcome to Pattaya sir , do you have a criminal record ? "

" No "

" Then you can't come in so solly "

Miss Pickle    45

Well done ! It's about time they got these people out of the country I am just surprised the Thais let it happen in the first place.I have been coming here for over thirty years it was always Thais that ran everything just hope they keep going and get them all out. One thing did they ever catch the killers of the English man shot in the head in broad daylight that story seems to have disappeared completely ?

• Like 1

Allstars    385
2 minutes ago, Miss Pickle said:

Well done ! It's about time they got these people out of the country I am just surprised the Thais let it happen in the first place

You really think these people could run this without Thai involvement?

• Like 1

superal    356

Why are the accused always hiding their faces , is it a case of innocent till proven guilty as in the western world because if that is the case they should not be shown at all .

balo    5,396

Well done to arrest the the Russians. But what about the crooked Brits and Scandinavians ?

elgordo38    9,503

Just when your about to count em out the BIB rise up "With a little help from friends" of course. 

lkv    899
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, superal said:

Why are the accused always hiding their faces , is it a case of innocent till proven guilty as in the western world because if that is the case they should not be shown at all .

Optional service provided by RTP at a cost (tea money) for the purposes of the press conference.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

superal    356
1 minute ago, lkv said:

Optional service provided by RTP at a cost (tea money).

Sounds about right 

toofarnorth    499
12 minutes ago, balo said:

Well done to arrest the the Russians. But what about the crooked Brits and Scandinavians ?

Brits get shot , sometimes in their fancy cars, saves a lot of paper work .  I have a 12 yo Vios and am getting a pension ...42.9B to the quid , and 1000k from Pattaya , I feel pretty safe.

• Like 2

elgordo38    9,503
4 hours ago, pegman said:

What I find troublesome is that the Isreali behind the failed WaterFront is walking around free. Is it not obvious that some back door dealings went on to get approval of this project? Hundreds of purchasers of this and his other failed developments are out huge sums. It certainly looks like fraud has taken place. 

When you make a 14 some arrest it has bigger lights camera action its a wrap effect. They are experts at corralling law breakers in bunches ie the Motorbike racer roundups in Bangkok. Multiple arrests carry more shock value than 1 here and 1 there.