webfact

Anti drink driving campaign urges Thai motorists to fit dash cams ahead of Songkran holidays to "help lower road accidents"

56 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

A government official promoting social media hmmm. 

Only if you toe the official line.

6 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

A government official promoting social media hmmm. 

Read again. Not a government official.

This to some extent explains the pussyfooting around the real problem along with a sympathetic reference to the police (who happen to be the real problem).

He is promoting something however. A trade fair selling dash cams. Vested interest, perhaps.

2 people like this

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

What's another load of total Thai BS? The majority of Thai drivers and riders are not fit to be on the road.:crazy:

I agree they are not fit to be on the road.. My BS comment was in response to the suggestions that dash cam would reduce accidents. I think you misunderstood my comment.

1 person likes this

Why do these gits always focus on the peripheral stuffs? How stupid can they be, if they haven't realised by now, that the ONE and ONLY reason (most of the time) for road accidents is the idiot behind the wheel? It's always the fault of the vehicle, its parts, the weather - even the amulet for not yielding enough protective power. But never the driver.

1 person likes this

ID: 50   Posted (edited)

Jeez, where do they get these people with all the great ideas.  :saai:

Of course dash cams don't prevent accidents or drunk driving.  They are as usual as the police.  Show up after the fact, fill out a report and scrape the dead bodies off the highway.  Wash.  Rinse.  Repeat.

Edited by 55Jay

14 hours ago, webfact said:

With this in mind he said that a fair has been set up in Pathumwan, Bangkok, on April 1st and 2nd where half a dozen leading manufacturers of dash cams from China would be selling reliable products at cheap prices.

A subsidiary of Chinese Submarines Inc., I dare say.

14 minutes ago, balo said:

I think this is just complete BS.  

Stay away from the roads during Songkran if you want to live , its going to be hell . 

Demolition Derby........

1 person likes this

Its hard to believe the stuff thats news here.
But in defence of the country there needs to be more police ,but i guess a dash cam will have to do.
Hope cheap from china isnt the usual cheap stuff from china.

"But in defence of the country there needs to be more police ..."

I think there are enough (if not too many) police officers already. The problem is most of them do squat -_-
2 people like this

Give the man a raise. Dashcams are going to reduce deaths but more over, make video footage available to name and shame people....that are probably going to be dead considering the trend of Songkran oO

Can't stress it enough, World Comedy Tournament for countries, Thailand be nailing it year after year.

50 minutes ago, SABloke said:

The problem is most of them do squat -_-

They perfectly ruin flowing traffic starting 16:00 until they go home and it sorted itself out again.

1 person likes this

if the police do what they should be doing there would be no need for this silly idea.