Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

‘Ko Tee’ guns ‘stolen in 2010 protest’

11 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

are you their official spokesman?

http://tastythailand.com/thailands-red-shirt-protesters-beat-back-military-and-steal-their-weapons/

Later, some soldiers arrived to shake hands with the protesters (it’s common knowledge in Thailand many soldiers and police support the red shirts and not the current government the red shirts are fighting) and congratulate them on their win.

3 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

eea390d4f97380853469b1f49249f185.jpeg

A machete wielding taxi driver

(just another possible headline}

Freedom for Tooting

CS.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Freedom for Tooting

CS.jpg

Good old Wolfie Smith.

Democracy.............. with a machete in one hand and UAE Dirhams in the other.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It took them over six years to find the weapons, this does not bode well for the little issue of finding a certain monk in Phatum Thani. Please tell me that sage isn't going to drag on for over six years :(

Edited by sjaak327
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Three red-shirt banners and other material deemed to violate the lese majeste law were also found.

Gift wrapped and name tagged all in one neat parcel amazing. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

People this guy are threatening give a Ship.  And for good reason.  He's made it clear he has an underground army that is armed.  And wants to use it.

Guns last a long time.  And are expensive.  Not unusual to have them stored for future use.  Every government does this.

And are expensive.

right. And that is why this story of weapons from 7 years ago is so unbelievable, ... well, that and the complete lack of integrity and honesty that can be expected from anyone in power who has an obvious self-interest in the outcome of any particular affair.  This latter point being an issue that crosses all color-coded factions in Thailand.

The military are not geniuses. If I were betting on this, then I would put money on planted weapons and paraphernalia ... wouldn't you?

10 hours ago, tbthailand said:

Weapons stolen 7 years ago and still hidden away ... 

Sure.

The Junta must think that Thais are stupid and will believe any old nonsense that the Junta spits out... 

They aren't:ohmy:

58 minutes ago, tbthailand said:

And are expensive.

right. And that is why this story of weapons from 7 years ago is so unbelievable, ... well, that and the complete lack of integrity and honesty that can be expected from anyone in power who has an obvious self-interest in the outcome of any particular affair.  This latter point being an issue that crosses all color-coded factions in Thailand.

The military are not geniuses. If I were betting on this, then I would put money on planted weapons and paraphernalia ... wouldn't you?

I only know the red shirts were a violent group with weapons just like those captured.  Caches like this have been found for years all over Thailand.  Not all are planted.  Guaranteed.

• Like 2

On March 21, 2017 at 10:39 AM, craigt3365 said:

I only know the red shirts were a violent group with weapons just like those captured.  Caches like this have been found for years all over Thailand.  Not all are planted.  Guaranteed.

and the Yellow shirts are a violent group with weapons like those captured, but caches of them never seem to be found by this government.... Must be that none of them were ever planted... 

See what I mean?

The point here is not to deny that there are weapons in the hands of people who are willing to use them in Thailand, but rather the point is that it is a standard MO of the army to plant stuff and then "find" it... Been doing it for decades. They are pretty transparent. :) 

• Like 1

Someone re-posted a photo of the alleged items recovered and pointed out one glaring discrepancy that casts doubt over this case. Have any of you seen that? Don't want to give out too many specifics as this is quite a sensitive issue.  I value my health and sanity more... wink wink..

"Meanwhile, a DSI source said police requests to search Boonraksa Building inside the temple had been rejected because there were weapons belonging to the red-shirt leaders hidden there. The temple only permitted a search after the weapons had been moved out of the building, the source claimed."

:cheesy:

The DSI forgot to mention that the temple was encircled by 4000 policemen and soldiers!