Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Birthday boy Prayut tells media "I am what I am"

On 21/03/2017 at 11:44 AM, Bluespunk said:

Thought that was Popeye's line...

Don't forget to eat your spinach. 

On 3/21/2017 at 1:06 PM, robblok said:

have you never worked with an <deleted> of an boss or co worker... i always tried to maintain good relations then. We always bought cake and stuff on birthdays.. even for the <deleted>. No need to make things worse just to take a stand. I feel income and job security is more important (within limits) 

We have a name for those who do this back home, Suckasses . The bosses know who they are and respect them less than those who express their real feelings. My boss didn't walk all over me, I made him money, thats how I kept my job.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Grubster said:

We have a name for those who do this back home, Suckasses . The bosses know who they are and respect them less than those who express their real feelings. My boss didn't walk all over me, I made him money, thats how I kept my job.

We call it keeping private feelings and business apart. I have never been walked over but I also did not start conflict when it was not needed. If its tradition to buy cake (and it was at my company) do you think its a good idea to exclude people and create extra stress at the workplace. I had a coworker who really disliked the boss (and vice versa) but they never made a scene always stayed civil never started to be petty. I guess its called being mature. 

16 minutes ago, robblok said:

We call it keeping private feelings and business apart. I have never been walked over but I also did not start conflict when it was not needed. If its tradition to buy cake (and it was at my company) do you think its a good idea to exclude people and create extra stress at the workplace. I had a coworker who really disliked the boss (and vice versa) but they never made a scene always stayed civil never started to be petty. I guess its called being mature. 

When working with an <deleted> of a boss or coworker, not calling them out on this would be very immature. Nothing changes if its excepted.

9 minutes ago, Grubster said:

When working with an <deleted> of a boss or coworker, not calling them out on this would be very immature. Nothing changes if its excepted.

Guess we got a difference of opinion here.. i prefer to keep a good working condition and you like conflict.  You can call someone out on it.. but if you have to work with him it wont improve things. You cant like everyone you work with on a personal level. 

On March 21, 2017 at 4:54 AM, webfact said:

Birthday boy Prayut tells media "I am what I am"

Unfortunately he is the only person in the country who is allowed to say "what he is"... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Guess we got a difference of opinion here.. i prefer to keep a good working condition and you like conflict.  You can call someone out on it.. but if you have to work with him it wont improve things. You cant like everyone you work with on a personal level. 

You are right there, I never called them out on a personal level, when I say my boss or coworker are < deleted>, I mean on a professional level. Like a prime minister talking to the press.

1 minute ago, Grubster said:

You are right there, I never called them out on a personal level, when I say my boss or coworker are < deleted>, I mean on a professional level. Like a prime minister talking to the press.

Professional you can go in against your boss (or at least I did if I did not agree that was my job), however later I would not exclude him by buying cake on my birthday for everyone and excluding him. That is just petty. So it kinda depends if its the norm there to do stuff like cake or not. 

You have no argument that he is not good at handeling the press.. not good at all. 

23 minutes ago, robblok said:

Professional you can go in against your boss (or at least I did if I did not agree that was my job), however later I would not exclude him by buying cake on my birthday for everyone and excluding him. That is just petty. So it kinda depends if its the norm there to do stuff like cake or not. 

You have no argument that he is not good at handeling the press.. not good at all. 

I think he is great at handling the press, he tells them what they can or cannot ask, it is the press that is sucking up to him and granting these wishes. He is giving them gifts with a wink and a nod. You bringing a cake to work on your birthday is totally irrelevant to this, it has nothing to do with your work or your bosses work.  The prime minister giving the press anything is a conflict of interest.

13 minutes ago, Grubster said:

I think he is great at handling the press, he tells them what they can or cannot ask, it is the press that is sucking up to him and granting these wishes. He is giving them gifts with a wink and a nod. You bringing a cake to work on your birthday is totally irrelevant to this, it has nothing to do with your work or your bosses work.  The prime minister giving the press anything is a conflict of interest.

Then its good he did not give the press a thing, they gave it to him :smile:

27 minutes ago, robblok said:

Then its good he did not give the press a thing, they gave it to him :smile:

And he gave all them the Past kings commemorative coin, the cake is ok, the coins are not. Do you think it is ok for your Prime minister/President to give gifts to those who we trust to ask the hard questions of him/her. I don't.

3 minutes ago, Grubster said:

And he gave all them the Past kings commemorative coin, the cake is ok, the coins are not. Do you think it is ok for your Prime minister/President to give gifts to those who we trust to ask the hard questions of him/her. I don't.

Agreed about the coins.. (presumably they have high value)