webfact

3.6 million tons of degraded rice put on auction

10 posts in this topic

3.6 million tons of degraded rice put on auction

2103001-degraded-rice.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Ministry of Commerce yesterday opened its latest bidding for more than 3.6 million tons of degraded rice stocks with 19 buyers taking part.

The rice is destined for industrial purposes and for producing animal feeds and ethanol.

The rice stocks are currently being stored in 278 government warehouse in 39 provinces.

There are altogether 17 types of degraded rice and bidders were made up entirely of factories.

All buyers are required to declare what the rice will be used to produce in order to qualify for the bidding.

Result of the bids will be officially declared on March 23.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/3-6-million-tons-degraded-rice-put-auction/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-03-21

It would be very interesting to know where this "degraded Rice" originally came from.

But I bet we will never be told that information, will we.

9 minutes ago, IMA_FARANG said:

It would be very interesting to know where this "degraded Rice" originally came from.

The degraded rice came from the warehouses and silos where it was improperly stored.

Prior to that it was good rice of different grades from the ricefields of Thailand (and maybe the next door neighbors.)

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, IMA_FARANG said:

It came from the national zoo, where it was forced to wear a bikini and have a boxing match with degraded orangutans. The rice lost.

So, I suppose that the ones that are considering making rice whiskey doesn´t qualify as a bidder! LOL

I mean it doesn´t matter what quality the rice holds for that bad tasting, mentally ill resulting out of this world product.

1 person likes this

bet loads of it ends up getting used for human consumption. we keep hearing about these auctions but never of the results. come to think of it we never heard if yingluck paid her fine for her part in the whole mess. must be well past the 45 days she had to pay.

Soak in bleach,as good as new,at a market near you.

special offer.

regards worgeordie

" All buyers are required to declare what the rice will be used to produce in order to qualify for the bidding."

Will there be any follow up to see if the declarations match reality? I think we can make a pretty good guess as to the answer

Is this Yingluck's leftover rice?