Jump to content
Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation

Advice on O Type VISA Extention

Recommended Posts



I have been living here in Thailand on a Business (B) Visa extension and Work permit for several years with my Thai wife to whom I am legally married here in Thailand. We are residing in Nonthaburi province.


We have just got a child and we would like my mother to spend some time with us, half a year up to one year, to help us in taking care of our child.


My mother is currently staying with us here in Nonthaburi province holding an O Type VISA with Single entry that is valid for only 3 months.


Can anyone please advise if it is possible for her to extend her O Type single entry VISA from 3 months to a year, and what would be requirements / necessary documents for her to do so?


Thank you in advance!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have an extension of stay your Mother can get the same extension as your dependant.


2.20 In the case of a family 

member of an alien who has been permitted temporary 

stay under clauses 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.5, 2.6,2.7, 2.10, 2.12, 2.13,2.4, 2.15, 2.16, 2.17, 

2.21, 2.22,2.26,6.29 of this Order (applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of 

his/her spouse): 

Permission will be 

granted for a period of 

not more than 1 year at a time. 


(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM); 

(2) Proof of family relationship; 

(3) In the case of a spouse, the marital relationship shall be de 

jure (legitimate) and de facto; or 

(4) In the case of a child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse, the said person must not be married, must be living with the family, and must be less than 20 years of age; or 

(5) In the case of a parent, the said person shall be 50 years of age or over. 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Phuket Man, 


as per your saying we would need to prepare following documents:

- My passport & copy ( with NON-IM B type visa)

- My mother passport & copy ( with NON-IM O type visa )

- Proof of family relationship - Birth Certificate or any other document prooving family relationship 

- Application form


Are there any other documents needed? Such as TM30 receipt of notification of staying,  as my mother is currently staying at our place or any other that you would be aware of?


Thank you!


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I posted the official Police Order.


Maybe ask your local Immigration Office for their requirements.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 20 November 2017 13:06