Jump to content
webfact

Sinn Féin's Martin McGuinness dies aged 66

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, MiKT said:

Please can you give the URL or reference to pick this up on Utub

 

If you play an embedded YouTube video and keep your mouse over the video a YouTube icon will appear in the bottom right; click on that to be taken to the actual YouTube page where the video was posted.

 

The url for the first video is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rihJviC9oA0

 

For the second it's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apBLMtOtI9Q

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/04/2017 at 7:43 AM, MiKT said:

Oh Historian, you seem to be as confused about whos is who and what and where as you are about the Vikings.

 

 

I dont claim to be a historian or a google quickdraw like yourself and   I'm quite aware as to who made the original King Edwards remarks as do you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The unveiling of a gravestone for Martin McGuinness, which refers to him as an IRA volunteer, "tells the true story", a DUP MP has said.

Mr McGuinness died last month at the age of 66.

His headstone was unveiled as part of an Easter Rising commemoration in Derry's City Cemetery on Sunday.

Gregory Campbell said the inscription "ought to serve as a reality check" for those "caught up in the hyperbole" at the time of Mr McGuinness' death.

"The news that there has been the unveiling of a headstone at the grave of Martin McGuinness with two references to his IRA membership will come as no surprise to most people," he said.

 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39621998

Edited by evadgib

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

G Campbell never liked Martin because Campbell is a Bigot . The Ulster Unionist Doug Beattie

sumed it up perfectlay .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 8:52 AM, Macthehat said:

I dont claim to be a historian or a google quickdraw like yourself and   I'm quite aware as to who made the original King Edwards remarks as do you. 

Not so much a historian as somebody who has lived through the more recent periods in question.

 

But well done, your absolutely correct, I do know who made those remarks!

 

Which is why I can't understand why you would try to apply them to me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, oldgent said:

G Campbell never liked Martin because Campbell is a Bigot . The Ulster Unionist Doug Beattie

sumed it up perfectlay .

And what was Mcguiness, a murdering Bigot. It's a pity that on his headstone,the names of all those murdered,with his personal involvement, are not inscribed.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, nontabury said:

And what was Mcguiness, a murdering Bigot. It's a pity that on his headstone,the names of all those murdered,with his personal involvement, are not inscribed.

 

 

what do you know about him only what you read in newspaper rags. you got the bigot bit so wrong that he certainly

was not. he was a freedom fighter who became a peace maker. read the article from the post in 138 and read what Doug Beattie says

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, oldgent said:

was not. he was a freedom fighter who became a peace maker. read the article from the post in 138 and read what Doug Beattie says

Peace maker. What about the murders he personally committed and those he organised. On the 8th of November 1987 the IRA,of which Mcguiness was a leader,murdered many innocent people who were at a rememberence event in Enniskillan to those who lost their lives fighting the Nazi Facist during the 2nd W.W. These included tens of thousand of brave  southern Irish.

And let's not forget,that on the death of Adolf Hitler,the president of the Irish republic went to the German Embassy and signed their book of condolences,again while his own countrymen were lying dead fighting the Nazis. That's what bigots do.

 

 

Edited by nontabury
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to post something that would have been seen as nasty and insulting about Being capable of putting aside bitterness, and hate. But i have decided to keep my tongue between my teeth, as i think it would have led to me being suspended.But i have to say,  that to do what is asked, is not easy for some .Its a strong man that can forgive the murder of his innocent wife and children, by hooded cowards. And all in the name of peace.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nontabury what,s done is done the past is in the past people like you can not move on.

I take it you get all your information from the internet.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, thaihome said:

McGuinness and the other members of the IRA have their own tales of atrocities against the Irish people going back some 1,000 years. The difference between them and you appears to be they were able to set aside their bitterness and hate and work towards a peaceful solution, something you do not appear to be capable of.

TH  

Does anybody remember the bomb that exploded in the 'Missile' pub in the grounds of the Woolwich army Barracks.My sisters mate was in that pub that night, and she is now scarred for life, from the glass from the blast of the windows.a beautiful girl. Do you think that its easy for her parents to put bitterness and hate aside ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Does anybody remember the bomb that exploded in the 'Missile' pub in the grounds of the Woolwich army Barracks.My sisters mate was in that pub that night, and she is now scarred for life, from the glass from the blast of the windows.a beautiful girl. Do you think that its easy for her parents to put bitterness and hate aside ?

I witnessed one of the car-bombs used by the UVF in Dublin & Monaghan that killed 33 people in 1974, all random civilians. I haven't asked any of the relatives whether they put aside their bitterness & hate or even if they had any.

The point is that both sides suffered atrocities but some on this forum would have viewers believe that it was all one-sided. It seems that there is more bigotry here on this forum than in the improved by peacemaking N. Ireland.

Edited by khunken
Correct spelling
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

I was going to post something that would have been seen as nasty and insulting about Being capable of putting aside bitterness, and hate. But i have decided to keep my tongue between my teeth, as i think it would have led to me being suspended.But i have to say,  that to do what is asked, is not easy for some .Its a strong man that can forgive the murder of his innocent wife and children, by hooded cowards. And all in the name of peace.

That's how I feel about the RUC, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

That's how I feel about the RUC, too.

Ouch ! I think you will lose more friends than you gain with that remark and I really really don't like it. Now had you said the UDF then fair enough, but.....................you didn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 20 August 2018 13:59
Sponsors
×