BANGKOK 19 October 2018 22:15
Banana7

Pattaya 9 Karat Condo 138 Rooms For Auction

9 carat is a shxt hole, same as Nirun. I woild pay 10 baht and pay the 5 year maintenance fee , that would mean 150k. Then you need to renovate the room for another 500k. Good luck and look out for shady neighbors.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, balo said:

9 carat is a shxt hole, same as Nirun. I woild pay 10 baht and pay the 5 year maintenance fee , that would mean 150k. Then you need to renovate the room for another 500k. Good luck and look out for shady neighbors.

I understand your viewpoint. However, if you want a room anywhere in the same area, other than 9 karat and nirun, you'll be paying 1.5m and up. The location is very good, and the conditions at 9 karat will improve.

I've seen people do a complete gut job and renovate one room for less 250K which included new wiring, floors, washroom, ceiling, and kitchen, AC, painted everything.

Edited by Banana7
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

I understand your viewpoint. However, if you want a room anywhere in the same area, other than 9 karat and nirun, you'll be paying 1.5m and up. The location is very good, and the conditions at 9 karat will improve.

Exactly, its a great location. I lived there for a couple of years and for the most part I was happy. Only moved out due to the water supply issues and crap condo management. If those problems were sorted then I'd move back tomorrow. I rented on a high floor looking towards 3rd Rd and there was never a noise problem. Few characters knocking about for sure but nothing heavy and they gave the area "colour".

7 hours ago, balo said:

7 hours ago, Banana7 said:

I've seen people do a complete gut job and renovate one room for less 250K which included new wiring, floors, washroom, ceiling, and kitchen, AC, painted everything.

Banana7

I admire your tenacity in trying to drag up customers at this complex,however have you heard the term "flogging a dead horse" I,m afraid that,s what you seem to be doing.....good luck though :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, petermik said:

Banana7

I admire your tenacity in trying to drag up customers at this complex,however have you heard the term "flogging a dead horse" I,m afraid that,s what you seem to be doing.....good luck though :thumbsup:

I'm trying to show you a gift horse not a dead horse.

There is good money to be made if you get in now and know how to sub contract to the tradesmen.

• Like 1

Who receives the money for the condos? I assume the owner would receive the proceeds less costs.

I'm guessing small property developers may be at the auction to buy some/loads and sell on

I heard that previous units that went to auction were auctioned off in the format that the bid price starts high and is reduced by 10% over 3 or 4 auctions a couple of weeks apart. Is this what's going to happen in this case?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Hmmm. ok that seems really low.

I was told by the dude there that one cannot preview the room prior to auction.  So, you may be in fact getting a real S... box. with holes in walls, etc.  I am sure every unit needs at least a major clean up and paint and all the home amenities. New sinks, bath, shower, flooring, paint, plumbing, wiring. AC (outside and inside), furniture, bed,frig, micro, etc.  Seems to add up to me but I don't know prices here for labor/home goods.  

On 27/03/2017 at 6:38 AM, Banana7 said:

I'm trying to show you a gift horse not a dead horse.

There is good money to be made if you get in now and know how to sub contract to the tradesmen.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Dive in now and repent at your leisure :whistling:

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I was told by the dude there that one cannot preview the room prior to auction.  So, you may be in fact getting a real S... box. with holes in walls, etc.  I am sure every unit needs at least a major clean up and paint and all the home amenities. New sinks, bath, shower, flooring, paint, plumbing, wiring. AC (outside and inside), furniture, bed,frig, micro, etc.  Seems to add up to me but I don't know prices here for labor/home goods.  

Well if the unit cannot be inspected something nefarious is happening.

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Here are my estimates for a renovation. Furniture and movable appliances are not included in a renovation. These estimates are for decent quality, not top-of-the-line finishes. For example, tiles are not marble, cabinets are plastic, not exotic wood or solid teak wood. Verify prices at Thai Wastadu or other home supply store. Also, there are contractors that will charge twice the prices listed here. But for example, the AC at 20k includes installation.

26-32 sq.mt. condo    

ceiling w/lights     40,000
wiring (6cb box,8plugs,3sw.)     20,000
tile flooring      40,000
toilet     1,500
WR sink w/tap     1,500
water heater     4,500
shower head,base&encl.     20,000
WR wall tiles/cabinet     15,000
kitchen cabinets     15,000
kitchen counter     7,000
kitchen sink w/tap     6,000
kitchen built-in stove     10,000
wall repair/painting     10,000
AC (13,000 BTU)     20,000
2 wood doors, 1 plastic     30,000
condo constr. Fee     10,000

total     250,500

In regards to viewing the rooms for sale, some are open, some are rented and occupied, some are vacant and unknown condition and some are unsuitable for habitation in the current state.

Buyer beware!

Edited by Banana7
  • Like 1

On 28/03/2017 at 6:47 AM, Banana7 said:

Here are my estimates for a renovation. Furniture and movable appliances are not included in a renovation. These estimates are for decent quality, not top-of-the-line finishes. For example, tiles are not marble, cabinets are plastic, not exotic wood or solid teak wood. Verify prices at Thai Wastadu or other home supply store. Also, there are contractors that will charge twice the prices listed here. But for example, the AC at 20k includes installation.

26-32 sq.mt. condo    

In regards to viewing the rooms for sale, some are open, some are rented and occupied, some are vacant and unknown condition and some are unsuitable for habitation in the current state.

Buyer beware!

We are :whistling:

On 27/03/2017 at 7:18 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Who receives the money for the condos? I assume the owner would receive the proceeds less costs.

If the sale is a result of some court case then the creditors will take what they are owed and the owner will get what's left.

5 hours ago, Boca said:

Does anyone know If there were any buyers at the first couple of days of auctions?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

at the last auction there was only one bid on any of the lots, it was succesfull n 9k charged him 40k for clearance letter