Banana7

Pattaya 9 Karat Condo 138 Rooms For Auction

at the last auction of condo's there one one got bid on, it was succesfull and 9k charged him 40k for the clearance letter so BEWARE

wouldn't trust it.  Some of the units may be OK, but so much overall building and infrastructure might need work

Someone will buy a unit with a previous tenant or squatter who can not legally be evicted or forced to pay rent because they have no lease with the proud new owner.

On 2017-03-25 at 11:32 AM, bkk6060 said:

I did fail to mention I saw several attractive TG walking around the place.  Maybe they were overnighters who knows. I am sure the cheap rent and location could be attractive for them.  Just a comment I am sure it will not sway someone to buy there. :)

:smile:Give me the exact co-ordinates  Mr Scott.:smile:

at the last auction of condo's there one one got bid on, it was succesfull and 9k charged him 40k for the clearance letter so BEWARE

So how much did the condo cost him? 40k was the outstanding maintenance?

I cant tall you how much the condo ( it was a double) was but the 40k was charged ( or extorted from him you might say) by 9karat  for a clearance letter declaring the condo debt free which is needed to register the condo in your name at the land office , in addition he had to pay 10 years back maintenance

Next auction dates are April 19, May 9, May 31, June 21, July 12, August 2, August 23

Edited by Banana7

Next auction dates are April 19, May 9, May 31, June 21, July 12, August 2, August 23

Has there been some rounds of auctions already and was there any buyers?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I cant tall you how much the condo ( it was a double) was but the 40k was charged ( or extorted from him you might say) by 9karat  for a clearance letter declaring the condo debt free which is needed to register the condo in your name at the land office , in addition he had to pay 10 years back maintenance

Yes the 40k sounds like a shock of a fee not previously mentioned and not justified. I can understand the 10 years maintenance but the 40k no.

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes the 40k sounds like a shock of a fee not previously mentioned and not justified. I can understand the 10 years maintenance but the 40k no.

There has always been a fee for issuing the debt free letter, it's never free.

10 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

There has always been a fee for issuing the debt free letter, it's never free.

So, 40k for checking their computer database and issuing a standard piece of paper? Over Bt5m if that is the going rate for all the rooms up for auction.

Yes, totally reasonable.:shock1:

• Like 1

So, 40k for checking their computer database and issuing a standard piece of paper? Over Bt5m if that is the going rate for all the rooms up for auction.
Yes, totally reasonable.:shock1:

I would have to agree with this. 40k or whatever for a letter is ridiculous.

I would have to agree with this. 40k or whatever for a letter is ridiculous.

Yes ridiculous. Immigration issue a residency cert for 300baht. Sounds like the latest type of scam

If anyone can attest to buying a condo at the auction in the last few days and not being extorted for a letter by the 9k office then it would be good if they could post their experiences.

At the moment, it would appear nobody bought at the first round of auctions.

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

The 40k is the back maintenance fees and fines which has been mentioned already and will vary from unit to unit. It can be determined in advance and should not be a surprise to anyone. The fee for issuing the letter will be minimal.

Edited by KittenKong