Thaifly88

Baby Born - DNA Test Required and What Does Thai Government Provide ?

25 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, houstoniron said:

You can send cotton swabs of the inside of the childs mouth and the assumed father and send them to a lab in the USA or UK. You do not need to mothers permission to do that but you do have to have access to the child to get the swab.

Odds are 100 to 1 that it isn't yours. 

They will not cooperate in taking the baby in for a DNA test. 

Can pick up the test kits on eBay or at Amazon. 

End of story. 

10 hours ago, grumbleweed said:

On a slightly different note, does anyone have any idea why Thai women think we're stupid?

Yeah, because most keep their brains in their pants.

ID: 18   Posted (edited)

I did last year.

You need to go Bangkok Police Hospital in Bangkok(it's the best another the court don't want, Thai court like DNA by Thai police...), with the baby and mother, price 15 000 bath , result in 2 months need nothing just passport translate in Thai for the name, don't need appointment, 20 mn finish. after that need to go in the court for tell you are the father, etc...  after Amphur where your baby are register in blue book for give your name if dont have your family name, and change name on birth certificate.

Edited by ka12

A normal pregency is 40 weeks so the baby was born 6 weeks to earlie.

Good luck to all 3 of you!

thanks everyone for your responses. I will soon go upcountry with a DNA kit to do the necessary swabs, providing I can get the mother's permission to do this.

If she doesn't agree, then I will take that as a result in itself. (ie negative)

Until the results are in, there is not much point speculating any further.

On 4/4/2017 at 4:13 PM, SteveB2 said:

In this instance (with legal implications and follow up likely), there really is only one place to go - The Police Forensics hospital in Bangkok.

This is likely the best facility in Thailand any DNA testing results produced here will be accepted unquestionably as true by any court - I've been through this procedure myself.

Here's what you need to do:-

You, the mother and the child all go together to the Police Foresics hospital, 2nd floor 'DNA testing center' 

Of course take with you your passport , the mothers ID card, babies birth certificate, mums tabien baan, originals & photocopies of everything, etc.

You will then all be photographed, finger printed and DNA tested by buccal swab method by a police doctor and a formal police DNA certificate acceptable in a Thai court will be produced.

Timescale for production of the certificate after testing is around 2 weeks. Costs are around 12,000 Baht.  You can chose to either collect the certificate in person or have it sent to you by EMS courier for a small extra charge.

If the women gives you excuses about not being able to go there for whatever reason - STOP PAYING HER ANY MORE MONEY. :jap:

More info on DNA testing in Thailand http://www.forensic.sc.mahidol.ac.th/proceeding/49_Samart.pdf

Below is a photo from the facility showing a poster about usage of DNA testing in forensic medicine..  

If this is the lab which did the Koh Tao 2 B boys tests, don't forget to tell them what you want the results to be...............when you PAY !

ID: 23   Posted

I had a friend in Germany who had this happen to him, he received an E-mail from his Pattaya adventure telling him he was a father and needed monthly payments.

She didn't address him by name, just the normal Ti Rak, unfortunately for her she had sent the same message per CC to half of Europe so he was able to read all the names of the new fathers. He printed it out and put it in a frame and it now adorns his living room wall,

ID: 24   Posted

Going with mother to the hospital could she in Thai tell them secretly if the result come positive they have a big present coming there way..... Not sure about Thailand but in some other corrupt countries this is so easily done.... ! 

Do a postal test in UK/USA first or as well for your own piece of mind.....😉

1 person likes this

ID: 25   Posted

Hi Agusts,

This potential problem crossed my mind also. When I went to the office for the DNA testing facility to pick up the test kit, they asked for the contact details of the mother which I declined to provide for this very reason.

The test, if it proceeds, will be conducted in a lab in the USA.

The mother at this stage, has not given consent to a test, citing her worry of causing the child any pain.

The test, is of course, totally painless, a few cotton bud swabs around the inner area of the mouth, so perhaps I have my answer as to whether or not I am the father. 

1 person likes this