Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
nasa123

Here is a list on which papers you need for Retirement extension in Phuket Immigration.

Jimi007    1,482

What about the photo of you in front of your house with the house number visible in the photo? I've read it's required for retirement extensions now at the Phuket office.

stuandjulie    40

you do Jimi, just done mine, also a form TM2 is now required, short form at Immigration, no idea what it is for it is all in Thai, just a sign here bit.

LivinginKata    7,127
1 hour ago, Jimi007 said:

What about the photo of you in front of your house with the house number visible in the photo? I've read it's required for retirement extensions now at the Phuket office.

Last couple of years I need that house photo. But one on my guests renewed retirement extension last week in Phuket and no photo asked. He's never supplied a photo.

ST11    11
Posted (edited)

I was required to draw a map of my house location when I applied for non o visa first time. Didn't do extantion yet 

Edited by ST11
  • Like 1

Jimi007    1,482
Posted (edited)
On 4/2/2017 at 6:30 PM, stevenl said:

It is on the list provided above.

You're right! Thanks Steven! I missed it as it wasn't in the lists. I have read that you can take a selfie in front of your house and print on a standard color printer, not black and white, but I didn't see what size the actual photo should be. I'm guessing you can use standard A4 paper? Thanks, Jimi

Edited by Jimi007
typo

DrDave    728

I did my extension this week, and printed the picture in color as a 4x6 on standard A4 paper.

I used a letter "certifying" monthly income from the US Consulate, but also brought along copies of my Thai bank book showing monthly inbound foreign remittances, which the IO stamped and included with my paperwork. So probably a good thing that I had that.

Based on my experience this week, the list in the OP above is correct with the exception that the volunteer who checked my paperwork noted that I needed a copy of the address registration that was stapled in my passport (the registration, not the 90 day reporting receipt). While processing the application, the IO also told my wife to get a copy of another passport page, even though I had a copy of every page in the list above. Sorry - I didn't look to see which additional page he wanted. 

• Like 1

Jimi007    1,482
On 4/6/2017 at 5:57 AM, DrDave said:

I did my extension this week, and printed the picture in color as a 4x6 on standard A4 paper.

I used a letter "certifying" monthly income from the US Consulate, but also brought along copies of my Thai bank book showing monthly inbound foreign remittances, which the IO stamped and included with my paperwork. So probably a good thing that I had that.

Based on my experience this week, the list in the OP above is correct with the exception that the volunteer who checked my paperwork noted that I needed a copy of the address registration that was stapled in my passport (the registration, not the 90 day reporting receipt). While processing the application, the IO also told my wife to get a copy of another passport page, even though I had a copy of every page in the list above. Sorry - I didn't look to see which additional page he wanted. 

Did you offer the pages of your Thai bank book or did he request them? I've never been asked for anything other than the front page of my Thai bank book. Before that they required a copy of your Thai ATM card, but decided that was a bad idea as someone could try to use it. I too use the US Embassy letter from the Consulate outreach program and have for going on 12 years now. And thanks for the heads up about the copy of the house registration slip and photo requirements! Cheers! Jimi

CharlieH    12,101

Post removed.

If attempting to post in English, you need to do better or it will be removed.

DrDave    728
On 4/9/2017 at 7:49 PM, Jimi007 said:

Did you offer the pages of your Thai bank book or did he request them? I've never been asked for anything other than the front page of my Thai bank book. Before that they required a copy of your Thai ATM card, but decided that was a bad idea as someone could try to use it. I too use the US Embassy letter from the Consulate outreach program and have for going on 12 years now. And thanks for the heads up about the copy of the house registration slip and photo requirements! Cheers! Jimi

I offered up the bank book pages without the IO asking. When the volunteer checked my paperwork, he said that I might need backup for the consulate letter since as we all know, that letter is just certifying the fact that I'm making the income statement and the US consulate doesn't verify the stated income.

Here's the interesting part. The volunteer said that I need to have a pension or social security statement as backup. When I mentioned that my "income" is monthly withdrawals from my savings in the US (401k) and my bank book shows the monthly foreign remittances, he told me that I had falsified my income statement because withdrawals from savings overseas are not considered "income". Huh???   The IO had no problem with this, and approved the application in a matter of a couple of minutes.

Jimi007    1,482
10 minutes ago, DrDave said:

I offered up the bank book pages without the IO asking. When the volunteer checked my paperwork, he said that I might need backup for the consulate letter since as we all know, that letter is just certifying the fact that I'm making the income statement and the US consulate doesn't verify the stated income.

Here's the interesting part. The volunteer said that I need to have a pension or social security statement as backup. When I mentioned that my "income" is monthly withdrawals from my savings in the US (401k) and my bank book shows the monthly foreign remittances, he told me that I had falsified my income statement because withdrawals from savings overseas are not considered "income". Huh???   The IO had no problem with this, and approved the application in a matter of a couple of minutes.

Interesting! It says right on the income statement; "I also affirm that I receive a monthly income of $ (fill in the blank) from sources in the United States." It doesn't specify what the source may be. 

DrDave    728
8 minutes ago, Jimi007 said:

Interesting! It says right on the income statement; "I also affirm that I receive a monthly income of $ (fill in the blank) from sources in the United States." It doesn't specify what the source may be. 

I know!  I pointed this out to him, but he was adamant about money from savings not being considered "income".

I decided that it was pointless to argue this any further, and just blew him off. I find the volunteers to be generally very helpful, but on rare occasions, they can be completely wrong in their understanding of the requirements.

• Like 1

Psimbo    1,297
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, DrDave said:

Why bother with the volunteers- just go straight round the back. (Unless THAT has changed as well?)

I know that when the extensions wee processed upstairs we had to get past the volunteers first but for the past two years I have gone straight to the back office- never had an issue with it.

Edited by Psimbo
  • Like 1