Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Foreigner stabs Thai woman with "luuk chin" stick then jumps to his death in Hua Hin

Jumping kangaroos, foreign men and jumping from on high

is rampant here, 

why is it so hard to communicate, these days, 

a nano second decision to jump, 

too late, 

wasted life.

Clearly this guy had some serious issues.

The passport retention is, apparently, what put him over the edge.

There are ways of dealing with that without stabbing somebody and jumping off a roof.

As was mentioned earlier, thebpolice seem to have done everything they could deserve recognition of that.

The only good thing I can think of is he was using a bamboo stick and not a gun so this didn't end up as the typical murder/suicide.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, udomsook said:

Shocked to say it sounds like the police did a good job here. 

Followed the attacker, tried to talk him down, had a friend try to talk him down, set up a crash mat.  

It's because the police has a monopoly on arranged suicides that they need to protect

Charge the Police cruelty , torture and murder. They know what they are doing for this foreigner, for just pocking a lady with the bamboo stick. :post-4641-1156693976:

Sounds like we cannot point someone with chopsticks, then you will be arrested for murder ? :ph34r:

Amazingly only Thailand.....:shock1:

2 hours ago, udomsook said:

Shocked to say it sounds like the police did a good job here. 

Followed the attacker, tried to talk him down, had a friend try to talk him down, set up a crash mat.  

Lol.... the guys dead, right?

I think your overly generous as it's maybe not such a good result, at days end

but... points for effort... maybe with more practice they might get it right.

1 hour ago, JOC said:

Not reported....The guy tried to drive his car through the metal shutters of the accountant's office......Live in the same soi, so I saw the damage first hand....

Without knowing the background here....this is not the first time this "accountant/lawyer" has been involved in dodgy dealings...but of

course she walks free every time.....1) she is Thai....2) she is well connected....

Sad that a guy with serious issues should end up in her office....As for the "stabbing"...I spoke to the lady yesterday (commented on her broken metal shutter)...no signs of any stab wounds....Just another case of blaming the alien, so the illegal retention of his passport will be ignored...

Thanks for the background. Didn't see any sign of action last night. We ate at Heidi's in town  and traffic was unusually heavy in the vicinity of 41 so that probably explains it. 

"Police said the man had been involved in a real estate and a restaurant in Hua Hin for about a year"...that would drive many a sane man to suicide!

3 hours ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

The guy is a business man he should know that u don't leave ur passport with anyone. Obviously he owed a lot of money to someone.

Another dodgy farang so called real estate developer over here.

No sympathy from me.

Next.

Perhaps or maybe he got swindled , we will never know , either way its a sad ending.

"the man had been involved in a real estate and a restaurant in Hua Hin for about a year."

Ah, that explains it.

Another Farang who either doesn't understand foreigners can't buy land and can't own land therefore you're only renting the land your home or condo sits on.  

If renting is so bad, then why are you doing it? ?

3 hours ago, Jim walker said:

No sympathy for any man who lifts his hand to a woman let alone one who stabs a woman or a child. No RIP from me.

And you came to Thailand for?

You know... treating women as sex objects, lower class or whatever is just as demeaning as a slap... Not saying you do that... just saying

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

The guy is a business man he should know that u don't leave ur passport with anyone. Obviously he owed a lot of money to someone.

Another dodgy farang so called real estate developer over here.

No sympathy from me.

Next.

So glad you have all the facts before police. No need to wait for anymore info then. Sooo Upto Me says case closed

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Who said the Thai lady had seized his passport? Maybe he had given her his passport willingly as some sort of contractual surety or she was assisting with his immigration procedures. There's many Thai-owned accountancy businesses that do other business and immigration related procedures on behalf of foreigners. Maybe he hadn't paid for whatever service she had done on his behalf. Either way, she didn't force him to give her his passport and even if a Thai was to ask for it, with the probable exception of a court order, it is up to the foreigner to SURRENDER it rather than anyone seize it.

you seem to be a witness..............tell us more......very interesting ..........(big yawn)

• Like 1

Whatever the case, suicide is NEVER the solution... it often seems to be the only way out, not only in Thailand but in the whole world. So sad :sad: