Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
ricklev

Vietjet Air -- Reviews

Vietjet is fine.

Cheap and cheerful.I have flown with them a few times.

Sure they have issues sometimes with delays and departures as they are well down the pecking order with the bigger airlines. They are OK, but a budget cheap airline, you get what you pay for.

When I do Bangkok to Hanoi, I usually try to get with Qatar. But that's because I get the frills with my membership for lounges, express check in, luggage etc.

I booked VietJet to enjoy the benefits of bikinis.  Ha.  Don't be fooled.

Bikinis only on select flights - whatever that means.

You'll be charged luggage fee for anything over 7 kilos so

either book another airline or travel light.  

Personally I will not fly Vietjet again.  

Good luck.

Flew that route at New Year 2016-2017. It was lovely flight, both ways. They are kind and courteous and full service with reserved seats (unlike most budget carriers).

I have a friend working in Vietnam who has flown them many times, in his travels between HCM and BKK, and loves them. I think their reputation is now very good, actually. Only issue for me: the small seats (for Asia sized people) and limited legroom, but experience same on AirAsia.

Saigon to Nha trang, two hours late taking off  -  Nha Trang to Saigon three hours late taking off, won;t fly them again, pay an extra $20 and fly on time...............no cold beer in the waiting rooms either.

22 hours ago, orchis said:

I flew with them domestic in Vietnam, was fine, actually 

At last,couple of internal flights later this month,i was getting worried.

46 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Saigon to Nha trang, two hours late taking off  -  Nha Trang to Saigon three hours late taking off, won;t fly them again, pay an extra $20 and fly on time...............no cold beer in the waiting rooms either.

Mmm,that's the flight i'm on.

Used them in Vietnam, used them here, no problems what so ever. They're probably like any discount airline in that they can probably be hit and miss at times. 

1 hour ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Didn't you hear?  Everybody (who doesn't own proper shoes) puts ice in their beer.....except me...never, ever.  "mai yen; mai aow!"  

I have been with them twice..no problems, guess you  get what you pay for--One of the more scary flights I had was Royal Cambodian air, it was in the late 90s....they seem to be flying so low, then we hit some turbulence, the intercom came on saying if instructed please replace seats, tables and lean forward placing  your head between your legs....... A very loud voice from the back shouted out ----If I could put my head between my legs I wouldn't  F,,#,.ing  be flying to Cambodia.................:coffee1:

• Like 2

Forget the personal reviews here the only logical assessment of an airline should be from airlineratings with a dot com. 

And the only logical consideration should be safety full stop. Would you put service before safety,,, I don't think so.

Unfortunately this airline has only 2 stars for safety. Good luck with and have a safe journey. 

39 minutes ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

Didn't you hear?  Everybody (who doesn't own proper shoes) puts ice in their beer.....except me...never, ever.  "mai yen; mai aow!"  

I don't like ice in beer either, but the beer must be ice cold. I prefer Jack and soda and must have plenty of ice, not just one cube as so many Eurps seem to like --go figure. However, I am a Yank and we know the formula.

• Like 1

Used them several times and never had a problem. Even when fully clothed the uniform is pretty nice. 

I use them every month for my trip home. Used them yesterday and probably 8 return trips so far. Never a problem and happy to use them. I've never had my hand baggage checked for weight. Planes are ok. Staff ok...some lasses but often all male flights. Told that they only did one bikini flight as they got hammered by the government; but they are able to use that image as bikini airlines. Occasionally I use vietnam airlines but they're almost double the price.

On 4/3/2017 at 2:30 PM, orchis said:

I flew with them domestic in Vietnam, was fine, actually 

Same here.