Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Trump unleashes military strikes against Assad airbase in Syria

craigt3365    17,914
2 minutes ago, CGW said:

Well noted! some "ignorant" may not realise bombs kill people, commonly refereed to as collateral damage....

Few on a military base are innocent.  Civilian or otherwise.  They know what's going on.

• Like 2

daveAustin    8,604
26 minutes ago, oz457 said:

Will this ignite WW3? I'm worried about the Russian answer to this strike if any of the Russian Military are hurt.

This does not look very good.

Suits me. I think we all need to go and give the plants and animals a chance. What a mess we've made.

As to the price of the missiles... gotta replace them of course, but the money has already been spent so may as well use em on the perps. :wink:

ddavidovsky    1,662
1 hour ago, steven100 said:

I hope they blow the Assad regime off the face of the planet .....   It cannot make it any worse for the people there. 

You are forgetting what happened to Iraq and Libya. So is Trump. Those were sectarian conflicts which persist to this day as sectarian conflicts. That sort of thing doesn't go away unless it is fixed at root. Syria is exactly the same. Removing Assad will only unleash a hornet's nest of worse conflict.

• Like 2

thaibeachlovers    9,421
1 minute ago, attrayant said:

Good old Ron Paul and his appeals to ignorance.

IMO he has got it right. 

• Like 1

LannaGuy    7,324
3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO he has got it right. 

yup I just don't think Assad is that stupid and the whole world is being 'set-up' again 

• Like 1

attrayant    2,129

He hasn't said anything to "get right".  He's just making a broad appeal to incredulity.  "I can't believe this really happened, so therefore it didn't."

jollyhangmon    788
40 minutes ago, oz457 said:

Will this ignite WW3? I'm worried about the Russian answer to this strike if any of the Russian Military are hurt.

This does not look very good.

Apparently the sections of the base where the Iwans dwell(ed) have been spared ... 

rockingrobin    1,179
5 minutes ago, sujoop said:

Called it correctly yesterday (below):

------------
Assad has the upper hand now so did not need to risk a renewed backlash. So, who besides Assad has free range of air space in Syria? Trump's pal, comrade Putin (Russia also has monitor control over Syria's chemical weapons).  This despicable act comes as Russia-Gate was dominating and increasingly revealing complicit ties between Trump's Whitehouse & Russia. But now, suddenly Trump & Putin appear on opposite sides. (pure theatre)

The situation in Syria could now make for a mutually convenient, distracting, 'theatre' of faux confrontation between Russia and the Whitehouse. Trump could order a couple strategic air strikes on Syrian bases or chemical targets, with Russia threatening back but it's only theatre. Meanwhile all the steam behind Whitehouse/Russia-Gate evaporates ...
--------------

Doubters, one logical question: Since Russia defacto controls Shayrat Airbase and also monitors Syria's chemical weapons, how did the chemical attack happen in the first place if not under direction of Putin and for what purpose?

Next up, onto N Korea for even more wag-the-dog dangerous distractions.

In 2013 it was reported the Syrian regime had no chemical weapons, whilst it is known some rebel factions are in possession 

• Like 2

CGW    732
36 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Few on a military base are innocent.  Civilian or otherwise.  They know what's going on.

Conscripted or otherwise, earning a daily wage, same as USA bases - never realised - thanks.

craigt3365    17,914
29 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Cruise missiles are not bombs and they go where intended. Air bases don't have collateral casualties.

CNN just showed a graphic. They targeted airplanes. Runways and fuel depots. Nothing else.

• Like 2