Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Pattaya woman demands 5,000 baht before she will return iPhone she found in 7/11 saying she's within her rights

come on ....  she's from a bar in Pattaya .....  IQ    ????  :shock1:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Once she ""REMOVED PROPERTY FROM THE LOCATION WITH THE ....."INTENT"..... TO PROFIT"", it became Stolen property. She could have given to 7-11  manager / employees for 'safe keeping', or taken it to a police station.

Edited by edwardflory
spelling correction
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

Report the "finder" to the police for steeling the Iphone as it was not hers to take from the 7-11 store in the first place! They should also add extortion or what ever it should be as she refuse to give it back even when offered a 1000 Baht "finders fee" and maybe they should add fencing too as she is basically trying to sell stolen goods!

absolutely 100% correct, this is technically theft

The solution for the police is simple, either return the phone (that you took from the shop that did not belong to you) or we will charge you.

Some childish notion of finders keepers does not apply

Edited by smedly

2 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

In any normal society she would return the phone and be satisfied she did the "right" thing. Any reward offered by the owner would be a bonus .
But, it would appear we are not in a normal society ☹️

Maybe in other societies the phone just disappears?

i personally think just stealing it outright is better than attempting to justify her extortion.

but ive been here a while so im not right in the head, fine her 5000thb.

karma says shell lose her 300baht phone soon, and have no clue why life is so unfair.

she'll proceed to get drunk and abuse any/everyone while her child watches it all and learns the rules of life.

chai-yooooooo

2 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Well, personally I would get a huge kick out of returning someone's property to them especially if it was valuable. The smile on their face would be all the reward I would need. 

You are not a Thai buddhist sir.

56 minutes ago, dcsw53 said:

Shame they did not name the bar she works in, it would be useful to boycott the place if they employ dubious characters like this.

The bar girl has lost the phone.

2 hours ago, TVGerry said:

Come on guys. This bar girl is also a lawyer so when she says it is within her rights, she knows what she's talking about! :clap2:

She probably checked with her "friend" at the Police station first 555!

Normally Thais are honest and return valuables, I have experienced that myself several times when I forgot my wallet and sunglasses.

But this is a bargirl in Pattaya, do not pay her one baht. Maybe she is connected with the police since she is so confident. Then I would call the military instead to sort things out.

• Like 1

there was a recent case in the UK were a woman was charged and went to court for theft, she found a 20quid note on the floor of a shop and decided to keep it, she was caught on cctv taking the money

Woman picks up £20 note off floor - and gets charged with THEFT - do a google search

Needs that Yabba cash.  She should be ashamed of herself.  It's only about money in Thailand.  I hope you read this, Pig.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pattaya28 said:

Thainess in ""All its' Glory"".

They certainly have a distorted view of life don't they! what chance do they stand!

• Like 1