webfact

Pattaya woman demands 5,000 baht before she will return iPhone she found in 7/11 saying she's within her rights

165 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, petermik said:

She is being held in custody until monday when she will be taken to court to answer two charges....theft by finding and demanding money for its return.

On MCOT news last night :thumbsup:

Good.

:)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2017 at 2:27 PM, cloudhopper said:

Well if that happened to me I would pay the 5k, say thanks and move on. But this is a case featuring two desperate people not just one.

 

The girls down in Pattaya must love you. 

 

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 103   Posted (edited)

I remember an episode in London many years ago . I was on the train from Heathrow with my job colleagues and the phone had dropped out of my pocket.  When we arrived at the hotel I borrowed another phone and tried to call back to my phone.  A guy answered and he was still on the train , I could hear the background noise.  I asked him to bring it back to me and I also offered a reward.   He just laughed at me and told me to shut up , then he hang up .  This was before smart phones and GPS so it was not possible to do anything , all I could do was to report it to the police .

 

In Thailand I lost wallets, sun glasses and phones , always returned back to me , no money involved . 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by balo
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, uchibenkei said:

An intention this woman finder clearly has until she gets 5000 baht.

Next time you are in the UK call the local nick like I just did and you will find in a case like this it was proved she stole it by demanding 5kb for its return. A judge or magistrate in the UK would laugh at you if you tried Oh I found it on a counter and took it to look after and when I had time I would give it back.

 

If you don own it you have no rights to have it in your possession, its theft, but that is a word that does not translate around here, sorry to say

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Next time you are in the UK call the local nick like I just did and you will find in a case like this it was proved she stole it by demanding 5kb for its return. A judge or magistrate in the UK would laugh at you if you tried Oh I found it on a counter and took it to look after and when I had time I would give it back.

 

If you don own it you have no rights to have it in your possession, its theft, but that is a word that does not translate around here, sorry to say

Not sure why you're quoting me.  I'm saying it would be theft even considering the "permanent deprivation" rule the other guy mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My god. What a horrible woman. So much for Buddhism and religion. Thank god I'm an atheist. 

 

I remember once back home I was in my front garden having a few beers in the summer. A couple of my mates were playfighting and one of them must have lost 20 quid from their pocket. Few days later someone knocks on my door and says they found 20 quid on the pavement in front of my house. Asked if it was mine. I was so impressed with the honesty that I told them I didn't know whose it was. I told them them to keep it (punishment as well for my friend fighting in my garden). The person told me they'd give to a charity. 

 

Everytime I read about some abhorrent human being who can't conform to decency, I remember this particular person. Try doing something nice for someone else. It's an amazing feeling. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

My god. What a horrible woman. So much for Buddhism and religion. Thank god I'm an atheist. 

 

What has that got to do with any of this ?

She is a thief ,

You don't need religion or any pretend we are not a religion for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, onemorechang said:

What has that got to do with any of this ?

She is a thief ,

You don't need religion or any pretend we are not a religion for that.

The point was that she's more than likely Buddhist. Ergo, she's religious. Religion teaches moral decency........apparently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This attitude is IMO primarily to do with bar girls who are indoctrinated into bar work by owners and managers who from the word go are teaching them to be very focused on money, nothing else matters "money number one", I don't think these girls had that focus before they worked in a bar, it is preached and indoctrinated by scrupulous owners who then proceed to take ownership of them.

 

I have a policy of not buying lady drinks (I don't believe in it) instead I will possibly buy several beers for several girls at the same price as I pay, this gets mixed reactions, the owners managers don't like it and sometimes will actively discourage their bar girls from taking with me, they cannot label me a cheap Charlie either.

 

My friends all pay for lady drinks thinking they are so popular with the girls lol when I know once they stop the lady drinks they will be ignored - secretly they probably know that too but wouldn't like to admit it, it is also worth noting that bars run league tables with girls encouraged to compete for the top lady drink slot every month. So the next time you are out and about and some girl prompts you for a drink - say ok farang price and see how popular you are, I have even had girls refuse a free drink lol, some bars the lady drinks are nothing more than flavoured water.

 

Not all the girls are like this, but remember one thing - you are not obligated to pay 3x the price for a drink for a girl in a bar, it is up to you how you choose to pay - you just might not be as popular as you thought you were :)

 

 

Money money money money - thieve a phone - money money money money.....brainwashed

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 112   Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

The point was that she's more than likely Buddhist. Ergo, she's religious. Religion teaches moral decency........apparently. 

You have no idea of her religion or beliefs.

She may have been Muslim

And there leader had very  dubious morals.

like  Muhammad,   I Believe he was a pediophile.

Edited by onemorechang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bless her , she' s got a heart of gold ...............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Smedley got my memory working overtime with this comment

 

My friends all pay for lady drinks thinking they are so popular with the girls lol

 

I must be  a cheapo Charlie as I have never bought a bar girl a drink in my life, even my wife sent over a drink to me in the hotel before we first met and next day took me out and bought me a shirt that has never been worn to this day, she was on a seminar and I had just arrived on holiday.

 

But I guess she is a bright one as now she owns half of everything I own, but have to say she is worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Smedley got my memory working overtime with this comment

 

My friends all pay for lady drinks thinking they are so popular with the girls lol

 

I must be  a cheapo Charlie as I have never bought a bar girl a drink in my life, even my wife sent over a drink to me in the hotel before we first met and next day took me out and bought me a shirt that has never been worn to this day, she was on a seminar and I had just arrived on holiday.

 

But I guess she is a bright one as now she owns half of everything I own, but have to say she is worth it.

handsome man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

waiting for the updates....5555

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 25 May 2017 08:34
Sponsors
  • Popular Now