webfact

Pattaya woman demands 5,000 baht before she will return iPhone she found in 7/11 saying she's within her rights

157 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, 6thST said:

How long is this B/S going to go on? I wanna know who has the Cell phone? And if the BAR-GIRL still has the phone I would like to know why??? It should be in the hands of the police until its decided who's phone it is....Only in Thailand this could happen!!!

The  slapper  is  a thief in the  first  instance. She  took  personal property  from a location removing the  possibility  of the rightful  owner  to  return  and  reclaim.

She then proceeds  to  extortion for  monetary  gain.

I  doubt  she will  have  much support for  her  brave  face in the  longer term.

Hows this for the complete opposite

I lost my sony shitperia ph at the S/H thepprassit rd market one night

I was on the far side of maprachan when i realized

The phone was called, they answered

And met us half way, and out of their way to return it.

I had to force 500 baht on them as a reward.

(no i dont like the ph, but it was expensive and still worth a considerable amount)

1 person likes this

As Bernard Trink would have penned, "More cases of T.I.T." (This is Thailand)...

ID: 154   Posted (edited)

Now there you go folks:

A near perfect example of the underlying collective mentality of all too many Thai people ( not all but all too many, unfortunately )   that exists just below the surface and ever omnipresent while this woman in particular has no shame at all to reveal herself as such.

You can only surmise what her reaction would be if she forgot her purse somewhere with 10,000 baht cash in it and credit cards and her cell phone and all her personal items and some person found the hand bag full of her possessions and money and then they demanded lets say, 20,000 baht for the return of her possessions and to add insult to injury minus the 10,000 baht cash while the person who says they found the hand bag claims there was no cash money inside when they found the bag...none at all.

Or.... that low life wench has her bag returned in good faith and then claims there was 30,000 baht in the bag and demands the person that found the bag pay her 30,000 baht and goes about extorting money out of the person trying to do the right thing.

Nice eh???

Edited by gemguy

The latest word is that this woman was jailed and it cost her about 6000 baht to get out of the slammer. Som nam na.

The latest word is that this woman was jailed and it cost her about 6000 baht to get out of the slammer. Som nam na.

Result !!
1 person likes this

29 minutes ago, Chip Allen said:

If true. That is good. Too bad she is out, though. Hopefully she just crawls back under her bridge. 

Hope the owner got her phone back after all of this. 

1 person likes this