Nakrob

NIST and St Andrews Suk 71

3 posts in this topic

Just looking at schools in Bangkok for a possible move to Thailand. Does anyone have any recent experience at either of these schools in primary years? Quality of facilities and education, mix of nationalities etc.

Had our daughter at NIST for 3 years until we moved away from Bangkok (grades 5-8).  We are a Thai-Aussie family and there was a good mixture of kids from all different cultures and backgrounds.  Teachers are well qualified, generally have a few years (sometimes more) under their belts and we always felt that they had our daughter's interests at heart.   Our daughter found herself ahead academically when she moved to school in Australia.  

I think something you hear about all the international schools is that the older kids do a lot of clubbing and underage drinking on weekends. NIST is no different and I had friends and colleagues with older teens at other schools such as St Andrews, ISB and Pattana who said it was the same there.

Thanks Goinghomesoon. NIST have no intake left for when we'd need our eldest to start so we've had to strike that from our list. Bangkok Prep seems to also get good reviews. If anyone else has feedback it would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app