Thailand Forum
webfact

British tourist dead after fall in front of Sweetheart Go-Go in Pattaya

webfact    24,349

British tourist dead after fall in front of Sweetheart Go-Go in Pattaya

brit.jpg

Picture: Siamchon News

PATTAYA: -- Tourists ran in terror in Walking Street, Pattaya, this morning after a British man fell naked to his death from a guest house above a Go-Go bar.

Police and medics who rushed to the scene found 31 year old Andrew Christopher Laidler barely breathing, reported Siamchon News.

They had to part a crowd of some 100 Thai and foreign tourists who had gathered around his body. He was given CPR then transferred to Pattaya Memorial but was pronounced dead at the hospital.

Witnesses said that people ran in terror around 4am when they heard the sound of the man hitting the road. Concerned tourists made a space in the crowd so he could breathe and a towel was found to give him some modesty.

But it was all in vain.

The incident happened in front of Sweetheart Go-Go Bar in Walking Street, South Pattaya.

Mr Laidler had been staying in room A26 above the bar. Police said rooms there were rented out on a daily basis.

Police said there were no valuables in the room and no sign of any struggle.

They are concerned that he was naked and are gathering witness statements and examining CCTV as the investigation continues.

Source: Siamchon News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-14

dabhand    811
14 minutes ago, Ijustcashier said:

I was actually in sweethearts last night. How did he not hit anyone there is usually a crowd out the front RIP

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Per the OP, happened at 4am. Would the Go-Go be open at that time?

• Like 2

Andrew65    895
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

I think the "no valuables" implies a short time, by the hour, room. Technically the bar rents rooms daily so far as the police are concerned. Odd thing is, many people pay the 300 for a day and leave after an hour.

RIP

Edited by Andrew65
  • Like 1

Andrew65    895
1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

I think the "no valuables" implies a short time, by the hour, room. Technically the bar rents rooms daily so far as the police are concerned. Odd thing is, many people pay the 300 for a day and leave after an hour.

sherlock_s.jpg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Maybe because of Songkran he'd left his valuables back in his real hotel room.

Very astute observation. Another tragic story of farang in critical condition being taken to Pattaya Memorial. There must have been a change in policy there. RIP young man, way to early to go and hopefully his family will be notified in a more dignified manner than reading on here he was naked outside a brothel.  

• Like 2

JHolmesJr    5,840

this place is called walking street guesthouse and it is not a short time place per se.

still, seems like a 10-15 m fall…..unlucky.

• Like 1

ajarngreg    360
Posted (edited)

He was given CPR then transferred to Pattaya Memorial but was pronounced dead at the hospital.

OMG, RIP, poor guy. Memorial isn't the best hospital in town.

I was there twice and had no other choice at that time. First time with a food poisoning where they didn't make the right diagnosis, thought it was my pancreas and made all worse. Of course, did they keep me a few days to make money, my insurance was willing to pay for after some phone calls.

They wanted to keep me when I was already, okay, just to make some more money and I had to sign a letter that I wanted to leave. 

The second time after I had a motorbike accident with oil right in the damn curve. There's no way to prevent the crash and my passenger ( a male hotel guest who wanted to change money) and I needed plenty of stitches, without proper anesthesia.

Opposite m was a guy who had a big bike accident with countless broken bones. He survived, but I wouldn't give the credit to the hospital, to be honest.

Looking at the picture, giving CPR, after such a fall with eventually broken bones,  inner bleeding, broken ribs, etc? 

It doesn't look very professional to me. 

The stairway to arr heaven? Looks loke a ladyboy bar to me.....

Sweet heart.jpg

Edited by ajarngreg
  • Like 1