webfact

British tourist dead after fall in front of Sweetheart Go-Go in Pattaya

232 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I think the "no valuables" implies a short time, by the hour, room. Technically the bar rents rooms daily so far as the police are concerned. Odd thing is, many people pay the 300 for a day and leave after an hour.

And how would u know that Sherlock?

34 minutes ago, Deez said:

Probably the low guard rail. Most don't even come up to your waist. Not hard to imagine leaning over and falling..

Why would he want to lean over naked?

1 person likes this

This hotel does short time stays. A customer spilt my drink over me in Baby Dolls once. I went and had a shower and washed the whiskey off my shirt there. It was easier than walking home. One of the girls from the bar that knows me well came along. No extra services, I just took a 2 minute shower while she washed my shirt, but what did the guest house know?

33 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

But that would assume that he was quite happy to be standing on the balcony, stark naked, in full view of anyone who looked upwards.

Given where he was, I would assume he was not alone, but that person obviously wasn't there when the police came calling.

It's the no valuables that keeps coming back to me. Even if staying somewhere else, he should have had a wallet or some cash.

Maybe he fell out while looking for the bathroom, drunk and in the dark and his companion paid herself and left.

Quite possible a lot of accidents happen because people are drunk, good guess the guy was drunk. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, BruceMangosteen said:

Very astute observation. Another tragic story of farang in critical condition being taken to Pattaya Memorial. There must have been a change in policy there. RIP young man, way to early to go and hopefully his family will be notified in a more dignified manner than reading on here he was naked outside a brothel.  

Well, it is a fact that he was all naked and in a brothel, some might call it the brothel capital of the world. Such a young age to end your life. 

32 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Why Thais never fall from balconies in Pattaya only foreigners?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shorter

2 hours ago, dabhand said:

Per the OP, happened at 4am. Would the Go-Go be open at that time?

Nope. Hence no rock 'n' roll soundtrack, which I'd have wanted, but really irrelevant in this context. RIP.

A lack of witness reports as usual. Always half a story.

If it was a short time place they would know who he went up with. Also CCTV available.

The guest house and gogo below have the same owners.

Used a lot for short time (no registration) but sometimes longer stay guests.

Poor guy. R.I.P.

ID: 40   Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, ajarngreg said:

OMG, RIP, poor guy. Memorial isn't the best hospital in town.

But it's closest. Gimme that, don't try for Bumrungrad.

Looking at the picture, giving CPR, after such a fall with eventually broken bones,  inner bleeding, broken ribs, etc? 

Yeah, might as well while waiting for the ambulance. Maybe keep the heart & lungs going.

The stairway to arr heaven? Looks loke a ladyboy bar to me.....

Sweet heart.jpg

No. Great bar, friendly owner, except there's no showing, last I looked.

Edited by JSixpack

perhaps if no valuable is found it was for sure a short stay with a beautiful by the hour partner and what about if there was not enough cash for paying than if young guy is under the influence either drug or booze than it became easier to push him for a dive..

Thailand could be rough at time.

3 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

"No valuables found" also strikes me as odd. 

Strikes me as sensible. Why go out entertaining ladies of the night carrying all your valuables?

1 person likes this

It's very sad that many return home with the first stop being theThai morgue.

Don't ST girls have to leave their I.D. at reception in Pattaya ? If he was with one, he/she would be the person to interview next after the receptionist . Just sayin.