Klom332

Moving to Phuket

56 posts in this topic

On 4/15/2017 at 5:21 AM, Kabula said:

Carry a weapon!

Be aware of who is behind you!

Don't wear expense jewelry.

Many of my Thai friends who I have socialize with over the last 11 years here, who were raised in Phuket left because of the increased crime.

My friends from America who used to routinely go to Phuket annually no longer go there.

With all the earthquakes worldwide recently, I would be concerned about future tsunami's in Phuket.

I don't know how true it is, but I read not too long ago that the cost of a taxi in Phuket to the airport that serves Phuket, was about the same as the price of an airline ticket to Bangkok.  As I recall that was reported in the Thai Visa news.

Good luck.

Lol. Paranoia took over, mate?

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, A1Str8 said:

Lol. Paranoia took over, mate?

For all of the Trolls out there, please go out at night alone, near the beach with expensive jewelry, with no protection and walk around after 11 pm for a week and perhaps you will get the point.  The  morgues are full of people that have the same brain washed perception as you.   As currencies devalue, stocks and bonds sell off worldwide, pensions lost, low bank interest over 10 years, billions of job losses worldwide, increased overstays, civil unrest and war spreading worldwide those who disagree will be the first to cry, if you can about bodily injury and losses.

24 minutes ago, Kabula said:

For all of the Trolls out there, please go out at night alone, near the beach with expensive jewelry, with no protection and walk around after 11 pm for a week and perhaps you will get the point.  The  morgues are full of people that have the same brain washed perception as you.   As currencies devalue, stocks and bonds sell off worldwide, pensions lost, low bank interest over 10 years, billions of job losses worldwide, increased overstays, civil unrest and war spreading worldwide those who disagree will be the first to cry, if you can about bodily injury and losses.

Its 10am, maybe you have forgotten to take the red ones, or is it the blue ones that stop delusional paranoia. 

1 person likes this

E

31 minutes ago, Kabula said:

Even if your hysteria is to be believed, again, why is your all-encompassing nonsense to be applied only to Phuket, the Province you decided to trash with this paranoia? 

And this statement :

"As currencies devalue, stocks and bonds sell off worldwide, pensions lost, low bank interest over 10 years, billions of job losses worldwide, increased overstays, civil unrest and war spreading worldwide those who disagree will be the first to cry, if you can about bodily injury and losses."

A very weird way to justify your attacks on the Province!!???

1 person likes this

The usual type of trolls are posting about a subject they no nothing about

Who would wear expensive jewelry at night on the beach in any country in the world

As far as crime goes i feel safer leaving our house here unattended than i did doing the same in Australia 

I have never been robbed or had our house broken into and know of only one person who had a house broken into, anyway that's what we have house and contents insurance for which we have never claimed on

There are lots of places more dangerous to live in Thailand and most other countries than Phuket 

2 people like this

22 hours ago, grumpyoldman said:

Kabula a piece of work, huh? Reminds me of a poster a few years back who would post similar alarmist rhetoric as a way to pitch his security service.

Over/under bets on how much time this poster has actually physically spent in Phuket anyone? I say the line is 2 weeks, all spent on Bangla being pick-pocketed by LBs and abused by yaaa-baaad up club bouncers. That might explain his views.

"I say the line is 2 weeks, all spent on Bangla being pick-pocketed by LBs and abused by yaaa-baaad up club bouncers." - so, GOM, is this your description of what a tourist may experience on a night out on Bangla Road? 

If so, why would they return here for another holiday, and therefore, how could / would they ever become the next generation of expat retirees to Phuket?

ID: 55   Posted (edited)

On 21/4/2560 at 8:09 AM, NamKangMan said:

"I say the line is 2 weeks, all spent on Bangla being pick-pocketed by LBs and abused by yaaa-baaad up club bouncers." - so, GOM, is this your description of what a tourist may experience on a night out on Bangla Road

If so, why would they return here for another holiday, and therefore, how could / would they ever become the next generation of expat retirees to Phuket?

Edited by grumpyoldman
formatting issue

Sorry everyone seemed to have lost where to put stuff, formatting dilemmas..... anyway NKM:

NOPE ! Wrong again with an inference/putting words in poster's mouths/ NKM speculation. Merely commenting on this one poster.

BTW after all these years and posts why don't you put up an avatar? Maybe a taxi with the circle and line through it? Just a thought.

1 person likes this