Frank12

Being denied entry with marriage visa

86 posts in this topic

ID: 76   Posted (edited)

28 minutes ago, dentonian said:

That was enough dribble for me......I can understand why your wife doesn't want to go with you!

I'll say no more in response, less I receive a 2 week holiday.

Point taken shouldn't made such a rude generalization. Although I have a semi-legitimate reason for saying so the big boss in our Village that owns a bunch of stuff here including the house we live in I have been asking him for fixing water dribble in the house every time there is the same answer may bpen rai lan prung nii (tommorow). It still hasn't been fixed. Had a huge problem with getting internet too. Used to joke with my wife that this is an amazing thing this tommorow because thanks to it we don't have to do anything today. BTW Trying to fix my post but it seems I can't with my previous post,oh well. Will end up as  a douchebag

Edited by Frank12

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 1:50 PM, Frank12 said:

Of course you are right and thats the plan. I am planning to go take my wife to my country. The problem is the son because he speaks only Thai and again in my country (Poland) there aren't that many people that speak English too and Polish is considered one of the most difficult languages to learn overall. (not to mention I am concerned about my wife ability to Learn Polish in English) and we just didn't want to leave him behind but maybe we will have to at some point (at least infrequently he will be forced to stay with grandma while either me or me and my wife will be abroad). I mean we were taking him for private English classes with the intention to reloacting to Europe but he was consistently super rebelious about it and wasn't making any progress so we just gave up doing it against him no point in forcing him to do so. And while not working I did invested the capital succesfully so it is not I was literally retired.  I was planning to create some business here in Thailand but then the legal situation seem more and more complicated so I am just concerned to do so with the junta and more and more histility towards foreginers.

Poland is a fantastic country but personally I wouldn't consider it to be an attractive place for a foreigner (especially a Thai) to immigrate to. Unlike western Europe, there are still relatively few non-Europeans living there and it might not be that easy for your wife to get a job. I would recommend you look into living where both of you will be happy. If that's Thailand, so be it. While it is not easy, it is far from impossible to find a decent job, there are after all more than 100,000 foreigners on work permits working in white collar professions in Thailand, there's no reason why you can't be number 100,001. Or start some sort of business, but do your research and be careful.

More hostility towards foreigners now than before the current regime? Nope, I don't feel that at all. Thailand is developing fast and is simply "cleaning up" the long-term tourists and other undesirables, but the vast majority of those on multiple entry business, marriage or other visas and extensions of stay experience no problems whatsoever.

Can anybody here on TV confirm; a re-entry permit can be used on a 60-day Tourist Visa ?

39 minutes ago, JIMHILL said:

Can anybody here on TV confirm; a re-entry permit can be used on a 60-day Tourist Visa ?

Yes you can get a re-entry permit to keep the remainder of your 60 day entry from a tourist valid when you re-enter the country.

1 person likes this

ID: 80   Posted

i'm the one who started this thread 

went back home to Finland, got a new passport, new TR visa and fast track immigration service at Suvarnabhumi....and got in smoothly.

thanks for all the help!

1 person likes this

ID: 81   Posted

38 minutes ago, stoicccc said:

i'm the one who started this thread ...

went back home to Finland, got a new passport, new TR visa and fast track immigration service at Suvarnabhumi....and got in smoothly.

thanks for all the help!

Great News!!  Glad to hear you made it in OK at an airport.  Fast-Track may have helped.  If I were you, I would stick to land-borders when returning from future TR-Visa runs.  After getting across the border, you can always grab a domestic flight (inexpensive when purchased in-advance) to get to where you want to be inside Thailand. 

Also, since you have a fresh passport, I would begin by using consulates which are more trouble when you have more TR-Visas in your passport - saving "easier" places like Vientiane until the other options are exhausted.

ID: 82   Posted

and thanks once again :)

Hopefully this advice will not apply to me as I plan to something I shouldn have done a long time ago and marry my girl...if she still takes me, hehe.

Didn't know which thread to bump so decided to go with this one:

If I get a multi-entry NON-O visa based on marriage, can I do the 12 month extension on any of the entries? Or can the extension only be done on the single-entry marriage visa?

2 minutes ago, stoicccc said:

Didn't know which thread to bump so decided to go with this one:

If I get a multi-entry NON-O visa based on marriage, can I do the 12 month extension on any of the entries? Or can the extension only be done on the single-entry marriage visa?

You can apply a extension of stay during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries allowed by the visa.

On 4/14/2017 at 2:06 AM, JackThompson said:

• I carry the cash, proof my money comes from overseas, and my condo-lease.  If living with the GF, try to come up with some sort of lease-agreement you can carry - maybe with a copy of her blue-book.  And, yes, pics of you together - hard color-copies, in case your phone dies.  Whatever you say, they may just call you a liar, based on other reports.  How much of this is xenophbia-induced paranoia, and how much is due to a general hate of Farangs in the Immigration division, is anyone's best guess. 

"I carry... proof my money comes from overseas..."

What do you use for that?

(A withdrawal slip from your foreign (non-Thai) bank for the cash?

A copy of your foreign bank account monthly statement?)