rooster59

The week that was in Thailand news: Why I love Songkran – live from Australia!

15 posts in this topic

55,you adore Sonkran because your memory of it is from 20 years ago.Your adoration would quickly disappear if you had done 20 in a row and see what a desecration Songkran is today.If you a really missing it you could have gone to a wat in Perth and had a very gentile Songkran in the old tradition.

2 people like this

17 hours ago, rooster59 said:

“Yes”, Prayut screamed “Thais believe too easily”.

As a political leader trying to sell a sad product to the people of Thailand would this not make you happy??

Songkran--ugh--is it OVER yet?......:saai:

happy new year and good luck!--BAAM>.opps youre dead..solly!!

Going to the temple in the sky for permanent merit making...

42 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

As a political leader trying to sell a sad product to the people of Thailand would this not make you happy??

They may believe too easily but they sure DONT seem to trust anyone

Comes from the daily hustle i guess--lord knows thais taught me well....:sad:

1 minute ago, ChakaKhan said:

They may believe too easily but they sure DONT seem to trust anyone

Comes from the daily hustle i guess--lord knows thais taught me well....:sad:

Easy laddie I read your last two posts. Take a deep breath its over now for another year. Save your bahts in a "get out of Thailand next year over Songkran" jar like a swear jar or indulge in both. 

Well written. Not bad for a two time loser. Two time loser I say, yes Born in NZ and lives in Perth!!!!

4 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Easy laddie I read your last two posts. Take a deep breath its over now for another year. Save your bahts in a "get out of Thailand next year over Songkran" jar like a swear jar or indulge in both. 

5 days of battle when i wasnt even involved in it is like the 1000 tiny cuts here--they add up:saai:

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

5 days of battle when i wasnt even involved in it is like the 1000 tiny cuts here--they add up:saai:

I know what you mean I keep smelling salts by the bedside. All is quiet here in Chiang Mai peace and quiet have returned to the land. 

The sooner they ban this new year lunacy the better!!!!!

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, louse1953 said:

55,you adore Sonkran because your memory of it is from 20 years ago.Your adoration would quickly disappear if you had done 20 in a row and see what a desecration Songkran is today.If you a really missing it you could have gone to a wat in Perth and had a very gentile Songkran in the old tradition.

I think he was being a tad ironic! Why do so many on tv not get irony?!

1 person likes this

So pleased to read your kind words regarding the gay marriage between the Brit and Thai guys and your condemnation of some of the posters on the thread. I sometimes think these negative posters don't just have their classes half empty but they don't even have a glass to fill. As a gay guy perhaps I am a little too sensitive but some of the remarks on that particular thread were borderline homophobic or quite clearly homophobic.

1 person likes this

Hey Rooster  Glad you escaped Thaland and enjoyed the Songkran period in boring Australia.  That country is on

my bucket list for the near future.  I avoided  the insanity of Songkran by leaving Thailand before it happened, even though

I had to knock some snow off my vehicle In the last 4 days, it was better than sweating it out in Thailand during Songkran.

Geezer

I'd far rather be walking down Huay Keaw Rd in Chiang Mai than strolling down St Georges tce or Hay st during Songkran.  It's a fun time, and while it's spoiled at times by inebriated farangs, most folk have a fun time.

Anyway, who can afford to live in Perth nowadays?