Pictures of your front gate

52 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Those look pretty nice Kannot.

Here are ours, from outside -

post-14979-0-87108000-1349490729.jpg

and from inside

post-14979-0-54331700-1349490724.jpg

Photos were taken before the electric openers were installed.

Looks  good.Just  installing my electric  opener  now,  I do  like the aluminium wood ( assume it is aluminium?)

I could  only have a flat top due to the "hats" on the columns.

I wanted a  fairly simple  design, the two gates 4.8m x 1.8metres were 106k baht inc  fitting except I fitted the rail myself and the electric  motor myself, bought two electric  motors  one as a spare for the inevitable failure at some point.

2 people like this

1 minute ago, kannot said:

Looks  good.Just  installing my electric  opener  now,  I do  like the aluminium wood ( assume it is aluminium?)

I could  only have a flat top due to the "hats" on the columns.

I wanted a  fairly simple  design, the two gates 4.8m x 1.8metres were 106k baht inc  fitting except I fitted the rail myself and the electric  motor myself, bought two electric  motors  one as a spare for the inevitable failure at some point.

The shiny stuff is stainless and the wood is real wood (mai daeng), needs refinishing every couple of years as they get full sun.

They were about 30k six years ago, probably significantly more now.

ID: 5   Posted (edited)

Here ours. Not electrical opened (yet)

The lights on the columns direct beside the moving part are always on when it is dark. (2 Watt LED) The lights on the other columns

(fluorescent 18 Watt, 10 minutes) are only on when there is movement close to the inside from the fence. (First also on the outside, but it made our fence a favourite place to stop to do  "business". That made the dogs barking, was not good) 

From inside.jpg

Inside

From outside.jpg

Outside

Edited by Arjen
1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

This is before l got a Cambodian slave to open the gates for us.

I like the "rustic" (or is that rusty?) appearance :smile:

1 person likes this

This is after l released my slaves, there box metal made by a local in my village painting every 3 years.

There both sliding gates, more practical in our situation.

15356699_10154828565330990_7111396403847360152_n.jpg.49bc17646b9e1ce8b4db720266574652.jpg

2 people like this

The gates now.

20170416_122344.jpg

The greenery has grown somewhat, the water meter is in that lot on the right, the man has a mirror on a stick to read it (we are evidently not the only place with a " difficult" meter).

The observant will notice a slight misalignment of the gates. This is due to the gate posts moving outwards despite the weight of the gates. The whole retaining wall on both sides moved by about 2" during the really dry weather, things weren't helped by the concrete gate beam not being properly (OK at all) tied at each end. I dropped some concrete in the gap about 12 months back to see if it's still moving, it isn't (at present).

Our three power poles suffered the same fate, they weren't exactly vertical when installed, they are now definitely not exactly anything.

Oh well, TiT I suppose :smile:

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

This is before l got a Cambodian slave to open the gates for us.

58f2fefe536e1_OldMelaka.jpg.e75f626eb1071a81e15fdb4e99e33384.jpg

Bloody  Hi so!!!

2 people like this

ID: 12   Posted (edited)

suphanburi sub soi shophouse gothic grandiose...fashioned from two individual shop house grates by my lovely and very capable wife...

IMG_20170416_163700.jpg

IMG_20170416_163717.jpg

Edited by tutsiwarrior
2 people like this

SWMBO designed and had this side gate built. Unfortunately she changed the beautiful purple colour to green.

Can't be tooooo flash, like some spoilt, under exercising people and put in an auto gate opener, as if you keep driving you fall in the big water tank.
SWMBO is just an advisor (sorry, dynamic as different to passive advisor), on the water tank project.
20170417_074756.jpg20170417_074840.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Here is a photo of my front gate.

Note the inlaw/outlaw protection device, bottom left corner..

The buggers can only get in on my say so.   :cheesy:

Every farang home should have 1.

006.JPG

2 people like this