Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
hmmyes

Denied entry into Laos because of passport 6 month validity, Now overstaying and overstay fee racking up, must get flight home

Big problem.

I just went to the Nongkhai border today and my passport has 3 months validity left and i have just been off one visa exempt visa so they will not give me another after asking many times.

They will not let me into Laos because I cannot with my passport valiidty and i also cannot just cross the thai border and come back in because they will not give me a new visa either. Theyre telling to get a flight home which means ill have to pay the overstay at the airport but cheap flights are not soon.

Now my overstay fee is racking up with each day and i must get a flight home soon, however cheap flights are not available right now.

How can I stop my overstay fee and just sort all this out? Do i need to get an emergency travel document adn then leave thailand and come back in for a temporrary visa, is that even possible? what do i do?

Thankyou alot.

Thankyou so much...

Will the emergency travel document have all my passport info copied onto it including my thai visa info and so on? And how long is it valid for if you know? I mean it should have 6+ months so i can obtain visas of course right?

Thankyou, doing alot of reasearch too, I'm from the United Kingdom

I'd sugar on down to Malaysia, 90 days visa at land border, apply for new PP by post from there.... that's what I did a few years ago... worth checking to see if it's still possible 

• Like 1

Don't loose time and money by buying ticket anywhere before you check with the embassy of the country you want to fly to about the validity of your actual passport. you might be sent back. It's not sure that you can get back to Los either, as Los demand that you must have a 6 months valid passport to enter the country

2 minutes ago, Los Luver said:

It's not sure that you can get back to Los either, as Los demand that you must have a 6 months valid passport to enter the country

For those from several countries passport validity for the length of stay is required for entry to Thailand. There is no 6 month rule for all nationalities.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

General Information

Visa Information

Tel: +46 588 04 267

Email: [email protected]

General Information

• For swedish passport holder, and wish to stay in Thailand for no more than 30 days, your passport has to be valid for at least 6 months (according to immigration law). Immigration officer can make exemption for you if your passport is only valid during your stay in Thailand. We do strongly recommend that your passport has a validity of at least 6 months. You shall also check with your airline for other requirment.

From Sweden.....

Edited by Los Luver
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Los Luver said:

Immigration officer can make exemption for you if your passport is only valid during your stay in Thailand.

Is that not what I wrote.

You can check to see what the airlines can pull up from the IATA Timatic site here:  https://www.skyteam.com/en/flights-and-destinations/visa-and-health/

Without knowing how many days already of overstay or past visa history, could the op not go to immigration office, pay the overstay and then apply for a 30 day extension.

if this is possible then they could apply for a new passport at trendy towers within that 30 days.

• Like 1