Jonathan Fairfield

Pattaya: Brutal farang vs farang road rage assault caught on camera

368 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, rogeroc said:

Maybe he was rightfully angry and wanted to express, be that sensible or not. . So tell me do you really think that beating was justified from what you have seen on the video. Be honest.

 

Honesty? LOL> I thought I was being honest all along. He obviously squared up for a fight and was beaten. He provoked the driver who was ready to drive away. Is it wrong to be beaten in a fight? You tell me.

 

As I said, it could have easily have gone the other way. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

Should they be blamed for alcohol abuse, too?  And KFC made illegal to fight obesity?  I smell a nanny state resident, I think.

Yes, they should be blamed for alcohol abuse as well. But to a much much much lesser degree ofcourse.

However, in the game of ROAD rage, the TRAFFIC police is a significant player. Or more like a lacking player. You catch my drift.

 

KFC, illegal? No, but maybe maybe maybe taxed, haven't really looked into it.

 

Nanny state resident... Hmm, are you saying that nannys are bad? I enjoy a good nanny, who doesnt? Are you some kind of angry wolf that has to kill everything in its path including nannies and babies? Who doesnt like nannies? Seriously?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 353   Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, rogeroc said:

You really think the victim acted like that?

 

Or what? 

 

Come on tell me, what did he really do to deserve a beating like that, don't make jokes of it, say what you really think he did to deserve that.

Go back and read my posts,   its all there.

 

I can make jokes about what i like .

You dont make the rules here.

 

But i must admit ,  i do like to make jokes about jokers in pattaya,

there is no shortage of materiel.  :intheclub:

 

Anyway,   a happy Songkrain was had by all.

Well almost,

I look forward to next years exciting adventures of

jokers,     having a lark around town. :jap:

 

Hope the old aggressor guy has recovered.

 

 

 

 

Edited by onemorechang
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Moral of the story is, don't confront someone unless your prepared to have a fight !

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, hobz said:

Yes, they should be blamed for alcohol abuse as well. But to a much much much lesser degree ofcourse.

However, in the game of ROAD rage, the TRAFFIC police is a significant player. Or more like a lacking player. You catch my drift.

 

KFC, illegal? No, but maybe maybe maybe taxed, haven't really looked into it.

 

Nanny state resident... Hmm, are you saying that nannys are bad? I enjoy a good nanny, who doesnt? Are you some kind of angry wolf that has to kill everything in its path including nannies and babies? Who doesnt like nannies? Seriously?

 

I would actually like to see people take responsibility for their own actions as opposed to paying sky high taxes for others' malfeasance.  People lose money betting on EPL.....ban it.  People run up credit card debt at shopping malls...outlaw them.  BTW, you could go to YouTube and find roadrage videos from even the biggest nanny states.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, tropo said:

Of course he was wrong. He started being wrong from the moment he started his tirade. He made quite a number of mistakes leading up to the money shot. Protect yourself at all times when you square up to fight. He made exactly the same mistake as Victor Ortiz made in his fight with Mayweather.

 

If you're as naive and overconfident as the victim here, you won't need any help from me to get GBH. Just aggressively remonstrate to the wrong person, and you'll have your wish.

 

 

It doesnt matter how we see it or how the situation actually started. There are no laws what so ever that will support a knock down as a solution for such a situation in the entire world. 

 

In this situation where one party was on his way away from the situation, then the knock down is not even close to be consider as a defence, but rather an attack   - case closed - Next.....;) 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ttrd said:

It doesnt matter how we see it or how the situation actually started. There are no laws what so ever that will support a knock down as a solution for such a situation in the entire world. 

 

I doubt that statement is true. :crazy:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ttrd said:

It doesnt matter how we see it or how the situation actually started. There are no laws what so ever that will support a knock down as a solution for such a situation in the entire world. 

 

In this situation where one party was on his way away from the situation, then the knock down is not even close to be consider as a defence, but rather an attack   - case closed - Next.....;) 

 

Before you comment you really should watch the video.

 

The fat guy didn't walk away. Before he was knocked out he was the aggressor. Too bad he didn't know how to fight. If he did, not so many people would be feeling sorry for him.

 

We have no idea what happened after the police arrived.

 

This was not an unprovoked attack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, onemorechang said:

I doubt that statement is true. :crazy:

I'm sure he is wrong.

 

If the police press charges, this will likely be settled by negotiation in front of a mediator.

 

If the police don't press charges, then the victim will need to spend a lot of money to take this to a criminal court. 60k minimum lawyers fees, with no guarantee of success. Both defendant and plaintiff will be shelling out at least 120k in legal expenses (good lawyers will charge much more). I doubt he would start that process. During a mediation session, the aggressive behaviour of the fat guy will be called into question. Both have a level of guilt. This was not an unprovoked attack.

 

When foreigners are involved, the court pushes very hard to settle without criminal charges being laid.

 

How do I know this? LOL> a couple of weeks ago I spent 6 hours in a mediation room at the provincial court. The court appointed a senior judge that speaks English to mediate. He wouldn't take no for an answer. He even started shouting at the Thai plaintiff. Charges were eventually dropped, but it took all day. No details will be offered, but I do have a clue how it works.

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Police may view this as two Falangs fighting and may well fine

them both.  regardless of one getting knocked out.

Who knows.

It was just one more happy Songkrain day in Pattaya for all the family. :jap:

 

Edited by onemorechang
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tropo said:

I'm sure he is wrong.

 

If the police press charges, this will likely be settled by negotiation in front of a mediator.

 

If the police don't press charges, then the victim will need to spend a lot of money to take this to a criminal court. 60k minimum lawyers fees, with no guarantee of success. Both defendant and plaintiff will be shelling out at least 120k in legal expenses (good lawyers will charge much more). I doubt he would start that process. During a mediation session, the aggressive behaviour of the fat guy will be called into question. Both have a level of guilt. This was not an unprovoked attack.

 

When foreigners are involved, the court pushes very hard to settle without criminal charges being laid.

 

How do I know this? LOL> a couple of weeks ago I spent 6 hours in a mediation room at the provincial court. The court appointed a senior judge that speaks English to mediate. He wouldn't take no for an answer. He even started shouting at the Thai plaintiff. Charges were eventually dropped, but it took all day. No details will be offered, but I do have a clue how it works.

 

Pls read my post again - I mentioned the Law, not the system responsible for enforcing them - A small but significant difference...;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ttrd said:

Pls read my post again - I mentioned the Law, not the system responsible for enforcing them - A small but significant difference...;)

 

I've read your post a number of times. You presume to speak for the law in over 200 sovereign nations. It's irrelevant though as this happened in Thailand.

 

You need to watch the video again. The driver was ready to leave - he even sat back down in his car when the fat guy swung his right arm at the car door. That's when the driver stood back up and they both squared off in a fighting stance. The fat guy never made any attempt to back off at that point. He was just outmatched. Had he been a good fighter the other guy could have been knocked out instead. Now everyone is hating on the winner.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, tropo said:

Honesty? LOL> I thought I was being honest all along. He obviously squared up for a fight and was beaten. He provoked the driver who was ready to drive away. Is it wrong to be beaten in a fight? You tell me.

 

As I said, it could have easily have gone the other way. 

 

 

 

 

i just hope there not too many people like you. Change your story numerous times, relentless in your pursuit of never admitting to being wrong and condoning excessive and unnecessary violence. And yes i am telling you it is wrong to be physically assaulted without reason and hopefully one day you may decide to hear it,

Edited by rogeroc
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, alfieconn said:

The Moral of the story is, don't confront someone unless your prepared to have a fight !

...rather the moral of several forum members - sad but true...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, rogeroc said:

i just hope there not too many people like you. Change your story numerous times, relentless in your pursuit of never admitting to being wrong and condoning excessive and unnecessary violence. And yes i am telling you it is wrong to be physically assaulted without reason and hopefully one day you may decide to hear it,

 
 

Give up the preaching dude. This is the real world where people who do stupid things get punished. Perhaps up in heaven, where maybe you think you're going, things are different but come back down to earth for a moment.

 

As you're a bit slow on the uptake... it's not about what's right and wrong. It's what happens in the real world if you behave stupidly and carelessly.

 

You'd do well to me meet people like me. We don't get into situations like the fat guy in this incident. We brush it off and walk away.  
 

Edited by tropo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ttrd said:

...rather the moral of several forum members - sad but true...

I agree. It's not cool putting down people we don't know anything about... trying to put yourself on a pedestal above other people.

 

I've had enough of this at church, but some of you come on strong here about what you personally think is right and wrong. You come across as religious bigots... patting yourself on the back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

I would actually like to see people take responsibility for their own actions as opposed to paying sky high taxes for others' malfeasance.  People lose money betting on EPL.....ban it.  People run up credit card debt at shopping malls...outlaw them.  BTW, you could go to YouTube and find roadrage videos from even the biggest nanny states.

Traffic police is usually the only department that can make profit. No tax hike needed.

Ofcourse there's road rage everywhere. But it's more common in Thailand because of the way people drive here.

 

Why are you so obsessed with the whole nanny state meme? Just because I call for traffic police to do their job in a country that has some of the highest death tolls and some of the worst driving doesn't mean that i want a nanny state.

Also, if you are so worried about tax money, wouldnt it be better if the traffic police that already exist and receive tax money as salary would do their jobs correctly? Ofcourse i wouldnt oppose firing the whole lot for being useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 26 April 2017 05:27
Sponsors
  • Popular Now