Jonathan Fairfield

Pattaya: Brutal farang vs farang road rage assault caught on camera

422 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, helloagain said:

The bloke that floored the other should be locked up. And f*** me thais helping a white man thats a first

I would say the wife had said something to the Thai guys

to get them up and going.

if it was just  two Falangs only fighting ,  no they would not help

they would let it run its course,  then help the guy off the ground.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, moe666 said:

You have your sick daughter on a scooter going to a hospital thru Pattaya and it is songram and you expect not to get wet. 

Perhaps as a serious suggestion:

In the past coloured shirts have (debatably) been used for contravertial uses.

As a law which benefits all immediately, anyone wearing a shirt of a certain color must not be wet on Songkran with it being a punishable offense to do so (serious consequences please).

I had the same situation with my wife in CM about 4 or 5 years ago, except they used a large black farmers bucket filled with Ice when we were on our way to the temple before going to the hospital. The only thing that saved me being like the victim in this photo is I perhaps come across as a cross little more intimidating. Those that don't want to get wet, don't have cars and have course for essential travel should be able to do so without fear of getting wet.

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, onemorechang said:

Not sure what to make of this

looks like plonkers on the road.

The guy went up to car to give it some.

mouthed off,  hit the top of the car door

then the guy in the car,  got out and gave him a kicking.

two stupid idiots i would say.

Also idiot Thai  guy kicking the car,  what's it got to do

with him, to warrant him attempting to escalate the situation  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ps This would not have happened if they had all been in the happy zone !!!!!!!! :coffee1:

Thought this was a Pattaya Happy Zone  5555

1 person likes this

ID: 67   Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, tropo said:

Now you're insulting the character of other members who know the deal here and offer sensible advice.

The victim had the poor character in this event. He should have shrugged his shoulders, bit his tongue and concentrated on the important task of getting his daughter to the hospital.

I believe that it is a cultural mean with different cultures having different reactions. In many areas where I am from, each of those MB taxi drivers would have kicked the car, and they wouldn't stop until the owner got out to get what was coming. Yes, it is Thailand, not darker sides of NZ where I am from but each brings their own culture with them, especially around Songkran when the average Farang has far less appreciation or respect that they are a tourist. I would have done exactly what the victim did and others may not have. If they were Russians, do not expect that they would ever back down from another farang trying to step them out.

In the eyes of a Thai we are areal Farang, but as educated members of this forum we understand our backgrounds ensure we are not all the same in our expectations of life and how we face confrontation.

Edited by TheGhostWithin
1 person likes this

ID: 68   Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, newatthis said:

And the passenger in the car showed the kid in the back seat how to handle these sorts of situations properly, didn't he?

Like i have said, Plonkers.

But i would like to know what the conversation was when the aggressor

went up to the car.

Was it,   Excuse me,  please stop your son from squirting water at people on

motor bikes.  my daughter is sick and we are on the way to the hospital

please have some consideration for others. ?

Nah, bet it was a,  F-you,  C-you and other profanities at the guy

finished off with a smack on the guys car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would say no big surprize what happened.

Happy songkrain for them all today

Your children will be proud of you all  for ever  :thumbsup:

Edited by Rimmer
Spelling mistake
1 person likes this

Lots of guess work going on here. I bet the victim wishes he kept on going to the hospital without the verbal attack. However that does not make excuse for that level of violence. For someone to be able to throw 3 punches in that manner I am guessing this was not his first rodeo. Maybe a gym junkie who should have known better that to escalate matters in to a very one sided punch up with someone twice his age. It was never going to be a contest. Without knowing the whole story its really hard to say what prompted the victim to get off his bike and vent. I would love to see Songkran reduced to one day per year and not go on for days. Its become too crazy.

1 person likes this

ID: 70   Posted (edited)

evrywhere on the Airport are signs that say you behave bad you get kicked out of the country. So what, Take them both and send them on their plane to home forever. 

The roads are always crowded and filled with morons, stand above it and give a <deleted> what others do, it will happen again almost certain in the coming hour.

There are a lot of these steroid filled babys -hence brain sick, that just waiting for making troubles, good that this one couldn't hide his numberplate. Nice to see him in the "deportation news".

Edited by See Will

1 minute ago, See Will said:

evrywhere on the Airport are signs that say you behave bad you get kicked out of the country. So what, Take them both and send them on their plane to home forever. 

The roads are always crowded and filled with morons, stand above it and give a <deleted> what others do, it will happen again almost certain in the coming hour.

If you behave bad you get kicked out? Be lots leaving if that were the case.

3 minutes ago, See Will said:

We must go to different airports, I have never seen those signs.

1 person likes this

Im not saying its the case here, but every year I manage to see a couple of westerners who use songkran almost as an excuse to get wet and vent. There is always one that will have good clothes on, camera and phone out and defiantly enter the mayhem, just for an excuse to go off on a rant.

1 person likes this

If ither of these two farangs had been in confrontion with a Thai,rather than with another Farang. Do you think they would have reacted in the same way?

Idiot on steroids - wearing his girlfriend's shirt - need to show how hard he is by flooring a guy twice his age. 

He didn't get out again when some friendly thais tried to talk to him.

Poor rental car. 

2 people like this

I am not for violence but the guy started it and the other guy finished it TIT

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Watched it again three times. The old fella gesticulates but I don't see him throw a punch. So I stand by my comment. The younger bigger fella assaulted him.

Hope he enjoys prison.

prison? I think you're getting a bit excited there mate lol

1 person likes this