webfact

Pattaya finding it hard to clean up its sexy act

33 posts in this topic

By AFP 

pat.jpg

This photo taken on March 29, 2017 shows go go dancers working the poles on a stage at a dance bar in Walking Street in Pattaya. Photo: Roberto Schmidt

In a daring nautical themed outfit, sex worker May confidently predicts the survival of Thai sleaze town Pattaya despite a junta attempt to tame the kingdom’s “Sin City”.

She is bullish because she, like tens of thousands of others in the industry, have no plans to give up their jobs. And there are no signs the hordes of foreign sex tourists are abating.

Two hours east of Bangkok, Pattaya’s bawdy reputation hails from the Vietnam War era when American GIs partied in the city in theiir downtime.

Today, it spins money off its no-holds-barred reputation and its most successful sex workers earn anywhere between THB70,000 – THB150,000 (USD2,000 – USD4,400) a month, as much as ten times the national average wage.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/features/pattaya-finding-hard-clean-sexy-act/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-04-18

3 minutes ago, webfact said:

And just who, in their right mind, thought it was going to be easy ???????????

It is nigh on impossible.

2 people like this

ID: 4   Posted (edited)

Not quite the same as the previous "outfits' on show. A pair of knickers though, does not cleanse a city.

Edited by darksidedog
typo
1 person likes this

Is this a wind up :cheesy:

1 person likes this

Every big city has night life entertainment it does not do much for me as i do not like noisy bars but on the other hand it does not disturb me either as long as there are other things to do such as beaches parks and malls.

2 people like this

Farang go to Pattaya for one thing ... and that's bom bom every hour or as much as they can. The girls there just take the money and run .. then the next customer comes along and it's bom bom again.  It's sex capital of the world.

The farang can be old and fat, and that don't matter cause bom bom is on the minds of everyone everyday.

1 person likes this

Silly article. At no time has anyone suggested closing down gogo bars that are operating within the regulations.

2 people like this

The Junta: "Creating problems where there were none". Probably just imitating Trump admin?

If they don't like Pattaya, how about simply go somewhere else.

There is that gnawing feeling among do-gooders that somewhere, someone, is having a good time.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Emster23 said:

The Junta: "Creating problems where there were none". Probably just imitating Trump admin?

If they don't like Pattaya, how about simply go somewhere else.

There is that gnawing feeling among do-gooders that somewhere, someone, is having a good time.

Agreed, and what happens time after time, the do gooders who scream the shrillest are usually up to their necks in it.

1 hour ago, fdimike said:

Whoever wrote this needs to go back to school and learn how to research a topic before talking about it.  Pattaya Beach in the 1970's was nothing even close to what it is today.  There were 3 hotels - Pattaya Palace, Nipa Lodge and 1 or 2 others which I can't recall the names.  The Royal Cliff Hotel opened  about 1973 or 74.  There was 1 street which ran along the beach where the hotels and restaurants were located.  There was also 1 R & R Center on the beach for American GI's on holiday away from the war.  There were also a few bars along the beach.  At that time the beach was clean as was the water.   I was stationed in Thailand with the American Air Force in 1970 - '72 - '75 and went to Pattaya often especially during the '73 - '75 time frame as I was stationed at U-tapao RTNAFLD.  The Pattaya you see today evolved after the American GI's left the country.

This article isn't about the history of Pattaya, and research into that by the writer isn't needed or relevant. The article is about the authorities, again, offering pointless quotes about how they are trying to stem or end the nightlife NOW. So I'd suggest that it is you who needs to learn to understand what the subject of the article is before criticizing others. But thank you for the history lesson.

1 person likes this

Everything will stay the same TIT

1 person likes this

Pattaya is evolving on its own through private sector investment as a diversified beach tourist destination.  It has Walking Street and Soi 6 but it also now has more and more family entertainments being added to those that have already been here.  The city's image will take care of itself--the city government needs to tackle improvements to the infrastructure.

2 people like this

33 minutes ago, Blackheart1916 said:

Agreed, and what happens time after time, the do gooders who scream the shrillest are usually up to their necks in it.

Yes, the quote is. 'Beware of people in high places'

2 people like this

3 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Every big city has night life entertainment it does not do much for me as i do not like noisy bars but on the other hand it does not disturb me either as long as there are other things to do such as beaches parks and malls.

You sir, are indeed a Saint:biggrin:

1 minute ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

You sir, are indeed a Saint:biggrin:

Well Dave its way to much flattering hehehe and Songkraam is about to get off here who knows where i going to end up at the end of the day but on a serious note do u want to know what i like the most about Pattaya?The diversity of somany nationalities living  in one town!

Can a leopard change it's spots?

Pattaya will be around for the generation to party-on.