webfact

Pattaya finding it hard to clean up its sexy act

33 posts in this topic

All this is just the tip of the iceberg. If the Thai authorities really want to crack down on the sex industry they should turn their attention to the home-grown variety catering for Thais from all walks of life.

According to a number of surveys, the majority of young Thai men get first sexual experience in one of the ubiquitous brothels that exist - and have for centuries, in just about every town and city across the land.

But in the Land of Smiles the official eye does not care to see the official heart doesn't grieve. Hence the tendency blame Thailand's image as the world's sex capital on foreign visitors and residents. If Thailand is the hub of anything, it is the hub of sexual hypocrisy.

4 hours ago, fdimike said:

There were 3 hotels - Pattaya Palace, Nipa Lodge and 1 or 2 others which I can't recall the names.

Orchid Lodge

Bangkok Barry I would suggest you take a dose of your own medicine.  Pattaya of today is NOT the result of -  "  Pattaya’s bawdy reputation hails from the Vietnam War era when American GIs partied in the city in their downtime. "  It's the results of the tourists who followed.  The writer puts the blame for the Pattaya of today on the American GI's who visited the place during the war which is totally incorrect.

6 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Every big city has night life entertainment it does not do much for me as i do not like noisy bars but on the other hand it does not disturb me either as long as there are other things to do such as beaches parks and malls.

You're only saying that because your missus reads TVF.

2 people like this

Why is everyone suddenly concerned about the future of the sex worker? Are they really of a big concern? Do they need priorities more than other normalised Thai people? They will head back to their farm and everything will be ok, for sure. 

18 hours ago, Shroud said:

Why is everyone suddenly concerned about the future of the sex worker? Are they really of a big concern? Do they need priorities more than other normalised Thai people? They will head back to their farm and everything will be ok, for sure. 

Not really back to their farm - more like going to Malaysia, Singapore and sending money back home to the farm.. 

On 19/04/2017 at 5:06 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

This article isn't about the history of Pattaya, and research into that by the writer isn't needed or relevant. The article is about the authorities, again, offering pointless quotes about how they are trying to stem or end the nightlife NOW. So I'd suggest that it is you who needs to learn to understand what the subject of the article is before criticizing others. But thank you for the history lesson.

Even though the history of Pattaya is only mentioned briefly and is not the main point of the article, it is important to get the facts correct.

1 person likes this

And that is why they are compensated so well, 10 times the national wage.  That is why farms in certain part of the country have pick up trucks.  That is why some kids go to school.  Boom Boom as you call it is called nation building by the United Nations. 

Or Bom Bom......

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect