Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
Jonathan Fairfield

British PM May calls for early election on June 8

29 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Yes! Go!

...and take that appalling chap Boris with you.

I take it you are not a tory supporter.

• Like 2

Brexit referundum2?  Quite clever of her.

Brexit referundum2?  Quite clever of her.

Brexit is unaffected.

Source: European Council amongst one.

As a side note, the other parties have been caught on the hop & the 4th May local elections will be a good indicator.

Fair play to TM on this, her speech was strong, determined & gave clear clarity to the pathetic politicians wishing to consistently obstruct progress.

If I hear Tim Farron mention 'Hard Brexit' again I hope the LD's get equally crushed as Labour do, and JC will have a reasonable excuse to resign.

As for Sturgeon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

The Pound jumped on this news, it's a short term gain, nothing has really changed in terms of economics.

The Pounds decline has nothing to do with economics its all political. Brexit, get it?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

Improved chance of remaining close to EU even with increase in uncertainty

You might get your wish! Is this a re-run of the referendum, will Brexit even happen. One thing is for sure this will upset sturgeon, If May wins it could be the end of Indyref2? As she said, they can put up or shut up and get behind Brexit. Maybe not in such words but more or less the sentiment she got across.  

1 minute ago, CharlieK said:

The Pounds decline has nothing to do with economics its all political. Brexit, get it?

I do but you don't, not if you think the decline of the Pound has nothing to do with economics.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

I do but you don't, not if you think the decline of the Pound has nothing to do with economics.

Only in so far as what might happen after Brexit. But Brexit was the cause of the decline not the current state of the economy. Just to add, It is accepted that the Pound is undervalued, if you follow FX.

Edited by CharlieK
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, citybiker said:

Brexit is unaffected.

Source: European Council amongst one.

As a side note, the other parties have been caught on the hop & the 4th May local elections will be a good indicator.

Fair play to TM on this, her speech was strong, determined & gave clear clarity to the pathetic politicians wishing to consistently obstruct progress.

If I hear Tim Farron mention 'Hard Brexit' again I hope the LD's get equally crushed as Labour do, and JC will have a reasonable excuse to resign.

As for Sturgeon?

I can't agree with your comment that brexit is unaffected.  If what the remainers say is true then the Tories will lose, after which all bets are off.  (Not that most remain voters will be willing to vote Corybn in). That is why it's a clever gambit by May.  

EDIT: Assuming that any party runs on a remain ticket and then wins of course, as unlikely as that may actually be.

Edited by Slip

I can't agree with your comment that brexit is unaffected.  If what the remainers say is true then the Tories will lose, after which all bets are off.  (Not that most remain voters will be willing to vote Corybn in). That is why it's a clever gambit by May.  

It's taken nearly 9 months for the anti-Brexit mob (HoP etc) to finally accept the democratic result, not even JC is stupid enough to risk annoying the electorate.

What's more irritating is the standard of politicians who are hell bent in obstructing progress & jumping on the media bandwagon with the Hard Brexit theme.

IIRC only anti-Brexit & lefty media sources continue to spout the HB tripe.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, citybiker said:

It's taken nearly 9 months for the anti-Brexit mob (HoP etc) to finally accept the democratic result, not even JC is stupid enough to risk annoying the electorate.

What's more irritating is the standard of politicians who are hell bent in obstructing progress & jumping on the media bandwagon with the Hard Brexit theme.

IIRC only anti-Brexit & lefty media sources continue to spout the HB tripe.

Of course you are right, unless you subscribe to the idea that most of the country are still anti.  If that are correct then all hell could break loose, but this is why she has been clever- I know a number of Tory voters who are anti Brexit, but there is no way ever they would vote labour.

6 minutes ago, Roadman said:

Cometh the hour, cometh the woman...man. But she is showing she is head and shoulders the best world leader by a country mile and just the person for Brexit. Britain is fortunate she was sitting in waiting. 

I just hope she gets the backing she truly deserves, but I doubt it.