Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
Jonathan Fairfield

British PM May calls for early election on June 8

If Brexit wasn't on the table the conservatives would have no chance. They used it to grab power at the last election and they will use it again to keep the power for another 5 years. In the mean time real issues like the NHS low taxes for all their mates will be ignored.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Johnyo said:

If Brexit wasn't on the table the conservatives would have no chance. They used it to grab power at the last election and they will use it again to keep the power for another 5 years. In the mean time real issues like the NHS low taxes for all their mates will be ignored.

You dont think brexit is important? Would you like Jeremy in charge of brexit negotiations? :shock1:

I will make a prediction, Jeremy Corbyn will not lead the Labor party into this election campaign 

Of course its important, I just think it will mask other issues where the conservatives have been weak for years.

Just now, Johnyo said:

Of course its important, I just think it will mask other issues where the conservatives have been weak for years.

If the "conservatives have been weak for years" it really doesn't say a lot about the others does it?

I think he will, he is a stubborn SOB. My prediction is that Labour wont not the opposition come June the 9th.

And if Labour were in power the UK national debt would be significantly higher than the scarily high £1.7 trillion with they're borrowing policies.

Brexit is an opportunity, Labour didn't trust the electorate enough to be given the choice, if the EU/UK fails to achieve an amicable deal then we could be a low tax investment attractive country that prospers even more.

Meaning more investment in our services like the NHS, financial governance is what the NHS severely lacks & quite frankly I wouldn't trust Labour with a department brew fund let alone the country's budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Cameron's referendum was a result of he Tory's losing votes to UKIP, otherwise there would no Brexit, I call that grabbing power. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Johnyo said:

I think he will, he is a stubborn SOB. My prediction is that Labour wont not the opposition come June the 9th.

?

• Like 1

I think its a massive gamble by May. I'm struggling to see how she can increase her majority. Most of the labour seats are safe even though they are in a mess, they lost so many last election. The Lib Dems will grab a few more on the rebound and the fact they are anti Brexit and the SNP are on a pretty safe position.

I can only see the gap closing if anything. But this is politics after all......

1 hour ago, citybiker said:

What's more irritating is the standard of politicians who are hell bent in obstructing progress & jumping on the media bandwagon with the Hard Brexit theme.

They have the most to loose!

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Johnyo said:

Cameron's referendum was a result of he Tory's losing votes to UKIP, otherwise there would no Brexit, I call that grabbing power. 

It was Labour who lost the most votes to UKIP not the Tories. And the referendum was a result of Tory infighting.   

Edited by CharlieK
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Well I hope it will shut up the whinging, unpatriotic europhiles that do not support the majority of the UK. It would seem you never did national service or served your country. What a shame. Even if the people do not vote for May at least she is a patriot, sadly lacking by many People and TV posters here. I am embarrassed for you.

Because of the EU, we don't need national service! Yet...