Jonathan Fairfield

British PM May calls for early election on June 8

513 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, SheungWan said:

How many general elections as leader of the Labour Party did he lose to the Tories?

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

In hindsight, not enough.

Not enough? Not one.

14 hours ago, Mosha said:

Hopefully Blair will stick his oar in.

Sent from my iris 505 using Tapatalk

Yep, one thing we do need in the middle of this is a good laugh.

😆😆

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Yep, one thing we do need in the middle of this is a good laugh.

😆😆

Right. Wake me up when the Labour Party next win 3 General Elections in a row.

May has bigger balls than half the men in the UK. That's the real problem.

4 minutes ago, BigKahuna said:

You mean her real name is Terence??????

😨😨😨😨😨😨😨

12 minutes ago, overherebc said:

How about a new Party with Blair and Sturgeon?

Could be called the 'BS' Party ????

Upsetting to think that it would still trounce UKIP.

Well I am looking forward to May getting rid of Corbyn. It is sad to see the Labour party in such array.  I am hoping that it will be the end of Sturgeon too.  A clean sweep of these Europhiles. I hope Farron gets wiped away but I have a feeling he might be OK.

1 person likes this

It's still an anti-me conspiracy to raise the value of the £ the day 'after' my pension arrived in Thailand.

2 people like this

ID: 71   Posted (edited)

28 minutes ago, BigKahuna said:

Not a problem for (more than) a few expats in Thailand who would be overjoyed at the idea of having a Ladyboy PM.

Edited by SheungWan

Just now, SheungWan said:

Not a problem for (more than) a few expats in Thailand who would be overjoyed at the idea of having a Ladyboy PM.

That maybe true given how poms are these days.

Just now, aslimversgwm said:

Well I served for 10 years in the RAF so please don't lecture me about patriotism but your nationalistic, 'little Englander' rant sounds like something that belongs to the 19th Century let alone the 20th or 21st centuries. Belonging to the EU the UK could and did shape the course of its future ensuring the peace of us all, its political, economic and social development for the benefit of all of us true patriots and players on the European world stage - not the bigoted, xenophobic, quasi-racist underbelly that voted to leave in that stupid, unnecessary referendum called by Cameron in order to toady up to his rich, upper-class toffs in the Tory party.  There - that's my rant - a quid pro quo perhaps and please don't feel embarrassed for me because I'm not for you and your ilk, just thoroughly ashamed.

Yes be a euro slave. That's a good little marxist.

2 minutes ago, JackScarlett said:

A message to all Remainers:   Forget party loyalties and vote Liberal Democrat.   With Tim as leader we can change the direction that the UK is being taken by the hardliners in the Toffs Party.   We can tell Mrs Mayhem that she is wrong and that she should be careful what she wishes for.  By voting Liberal Democrat and giving Saint Theresa a bloody nose, maybe she will go back to her walking holidays and leave the real politics to the brilliant leader that Tim is,

Yes telling people how to vote on here is going to make a difference. Difference somewhere between 0 and 1.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

... or could it be that they do not want to expose her to possibly awkward and potentially damaging questions?

Such as?

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Such as?

I don't think that any politician can claim to be bullet proof, and I am sure that many people can think of a whole host of questions that would make TM squirm, but for starters, how about why she called this now, after repeatedly stating that she would not call a snap election? Just last month No 10 issued a statement saying that calling an early election was, "... not something she plans to do or wishes to do". Why then, the volte face? Would Thatcher have done this?

The UK no longer has a 2 party election system so calculating the number of MP's based on Polls has become more complex.

It is unlikely that the Tories will have the overall majority of 100 being predicted by some newspapers. A majority of 40-50 is more realistic.

There are still a lot of Labour supporters who will never vote Tory even though they know in their hearts that Corbyn is useless.

The result on June 8th will definately make the Government's Brexit task a lot easier and anyone that believes that Brexit can be stopped does not understand the UK Constitution.

14 hours ago, Slip said:

Brexit referundum2?  Quite clever of her.

Missed your post on first skip through the thread.

Now that I've seen it you might have a point.

I would call it a definite maybe.