stravers

Where to have a nap in central Bkk?

12 posts in this topic

It may seem like a funny question but I'm spending the entire day in Bkk from morning to night and after a few hours of walking, I may need a nap somewhere in central Bkk.

Not interested in short time rooms, where else is good? I was thinking the library in Lumpini Park. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

ID: 3   Posted (edited)

Why not lumpini...but just the park not the library? Stretch out under a tree on the grass. Sorted.

Edited by starky
1 person likes this

Most coffee shops won't disturb you if they're not busy and you order a drink and doze off in an armchair. Order a soda or decaffeinated... 

Bumrungrad hospital is the solution. No purchase necessary. Provides many floors offering a nice view with free coffee, tea, water, toilets, wifi, peace, quiet, cleanliness, various forms of padded seating, centrally located, and an inexpensive canteen packed with pretty nurses. 

Bumrungrad-Hospital-Bangkok.jpg

Bumrungrad-International-Hospital.jpg

2 people like this

5 minutes ago, stravers said:

Bumrungrad hospital is the solution. No purchase necessary. Provides many floors offering a nice view with free coffee, tea, water, toilets, wifi, peace, quiet, cleanliness, various forms of padded seating, centrally located, and an inexpensive canteen packed with pretty nurses. 

I guess if you think about it there are many people waiting at the Hospital for someone having treatment etc

and since Thais can sleep anywhere it would just seem normal :smile:

1 person likes this

MacDonalds, if you are poverty stricken you can crash out there for the night too, free A/C, WiFi, food and cheap as chips. 

48 minutes ago, oldcarguy said:

I guess if you think about it there are many people waiting at the Hospital for someone having treatment etc

and since Thais can sleep anywhere it would just seem normal :smile:

Not only Thais. I went to the Muslim prayer room which provides towels, shower, and soap (as many Muslims shower before prayer) and there was someone sleeping on the carpet. I brought a change of clothes knowing there would be a clean toilet and shower available.

Muslims pray five times a day. They wash their feet and hands but don't shower. Unless you are actually a Muslim you won't be allowed into a prayer room. Curious post.

2 minutes ago, Minnie the Minx said:

Muslims pray five times a day. They wash their feet and hands but don't shower. Unless you are actually a Muslim you won't be allowed into a prayer room. Curious post.

do they have a secret handshake ?

I  would think they want new converts as long as they do not disturb the regulars

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, oldcarguy said:

do they have a secret handshake ?

I  would think they want new converts as long as they do not disturb the regulars

Great reply. 555. The 1 person I saw was extremely welcoming and shook my hand. He said:

"As-salāmu ʿalaykum (is a greeting in Arabic that means "peace be upon you".)."

On 19/04/2017 at 0:20 AM, starky said:

Why not lumpini...but just the park not the library? Stretch out under a tree on the grass. Sorted.

I was once stretched out on a flat bench in Lumphini park, eyes shut listening to my mp3 player (yes, it was a few years ago and the bl**dy  park warden came and roused me. No sleeping in the park!

Of course when Thais do it, it does not seem to be a problem!

1 person likes this