rushdentillidie

Best Thai Visa to live and run business with Wife in Thailand

77 posts in this topic

On 19.4.2017 at 8:04 AM, overherebc said:

Ref leaving every 90 days from Ubon  you can only do it twice a year by land now so you would have to fly out and in twice as well.

wrong, with a Visa you can leave and enter Thailand even on a daily base

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you can get a work permit to help your wife in her business, if you have a extension based on married with a Thai, easy if they see that you are married long time and you run business in UK already together, nothing to do with IMO only with labour office. But only easy if your wife doesn´t have a limited company, otherwise the company has to do the work permit and then 4 Thai workers, 2 Million capital and high salary and only jobs allowed for foreigners

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, chickenrunCM said:

wrong, with a Visa you can leave and enter Thailand even on a daily base

Not at Poipet and Ranong you can't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Not at Poipet and Ranong you can't.

Poipet stopped allowing 90 day out/in  a while ago. I used that crossing a couple of times a year over the past 10 years but a new boss there stopped people doing that a while ago. Now I just stick to flying out for a weekend to neighbouring countries as the airports are the most reliable places with reference to no sudden changes to catch you out.

😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, stevenl said:

Getting a DL is even possible on a visa exempt entry.

 

" It's sad that people here post wrong information,  "

 

According to the DLT website a Non Imm Visa is required even  for the first temporary 2 year licence.

https://www.dlt.go.th/en/one-year-license/

 

However the only thing consistent in Thailand is the inconsistency, so it really depends whether your local DLT centre enforces the rules or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dentonian said:

 

According to the DLT website a Non Imm Visa is required even  for the first temporary 2 year licence.

https://www.dlt.go.th/en/one-year-license/

 

However the only thing consistent in Thailand is the inconsistency, so it really depends whether your local DLT centre enforces the rules or not.

What rules? Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ajarngreg said:

What rules? Lol

The ones your local DLT apply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2017 at 8:24 AM, overherebc said:

At Poipet you can't even do one so I wouldn't rely on it more than twice at any other land border.

Well I've done it 4 Times at Nong Khai the past year on A Multi Non " O "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Well I've done it 4 Times at Nong Khai the past year on A Multi Non " O "

That's not Poipet or Ranong though is it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 60   Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Well I've done it 4 Times at Nong Khai the past year on A Multi Non " O "

 

Don't rely on everything being the same every day of your life.

No matter where you live.

Edited by overherebc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, dentonian said:

 

According to the DLT website a Non Imm Visa is required even  for the first temporary 2 year licence.

https://www.dlt.go.th/en/one-year-license/

 

However the only thing consistent in Thailand is the inconsistency, so it really depends whether your local DLT centre enforces the rules or not.

You mean that website where one year licenses are mentioned?

 

But even there, if you read they only mention non immigrant as a requirement for a 5 year license, which is correct. One year licenses can and are regularly issued on visa exempt entries and tourist visas, the possible hickup being the ability to get a certificate of residence. But that can nearly always be done also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 11:37 PM, steve187 said:

when

1492759788324-310150974.thumb.jpg.3f0b7db1da8c132720c03953741d4461.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stevensg said:

1492759788324-310150974.thumb.jpg.3f0b7db1da8c132720c03953741d4461.jpg

 

???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lots of people quote what the rules and laws are regarding visas, extensions and WP' and 99% of the time they are correct.
My take on it is that the law or rule that is applied at any specific establishment or time is the interpretation made at that time and place by the official stating that rule or law.
I rely on nothing being exactly the same as it was the last time I dealt with it.

I agree. Go to the Thai Immigration Police Website and click English. It is all layed out but the main thing I got from it and from my personal experience is that it is ultimately up to the Immigration Officer handling your case and what he tells the boss that has to sign off on it. The translation to English was - at the disgretion of the immigration officer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 65   Posted (edited)

On 4/20/2017 at 2:16 PM, dentonian said:

 

According to the DLT website a Non Imm Visa is required even  for the first temporary 2 year licence.

https://www.dlt.go.th/en/one-year-license/

 

However the only thing consistent in Thailand is the inconsistency, so it really depends whether your local DLT centre enforces the rules or not.

Where did you read that about a 2 year license, please? It usually starts with a one year permit, then you can apply for a five year DL.

 

       I've got my licenses for a long time and met a lot of people who all had to show a Non Immigrant visa. Except those who found a way to pay some money under the table.

 

        Regarding bank accounts, there's a Bangkok bank in Krung Thep where anybody can open up a bank account. But that isn't the norm here.

 

         Thailand has changed many laws and regulations for foreigners and even when you only send a letter abroad from LOS you'll need your passport, the post office makes copies and keeps them. ( Just happened to a friend of mine today)

 

         If you pay enough money to an employee at the Land Transport Department, nobody will check on your visa status, of course.

 

          They even fill out the questions for you. Money rules, but not only here. 

Edited by ajarngreg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, stevenl said:

You mean that website where one year licenses are mentioned?

 

But even there, if you read they only mention non immigrant as a requirement for a 5 year license, which is correct. One year licenses can and are regularly issued on visa exempt entries and tourist visas, the possible hickup being the ability to get a certificate of residence. But that can nearly always be done also.

It's not true and you can check plenty of other websites, for example here:

 

          http://driving.information.in.th/driving-licence.html

 

        A Non-Immigrant visa is needed for the first- a 1 year, and again for the 5 year license. Some departments are even asking for a work permit.

 

             

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ajarngreg said:

Where did you read that about a 2 year license, please? It usually starts with a one year permit, then you can apply for a five year DL.

 

They started issuing 2 year licenses at least a year ago or more  instead of the one year licenses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ajarngreg said:

Where did you read that about a 2 year license, please? It usually starts with a one year permit, then you can apply for a five year DL.

 

       I've got my licenses for a long time and met a lot of people who all had to show a Non Immigrant visa. Except those who found a way to pay some money under the table.

 

They first started issuing the new 2 year temporary licence around 2 years ago.

 

Type 1 - Temporary Private Car: This licence is issued to those who have successfully completed the driving test. This licence is valid for a period of 2 years

Type 2 - Private Car: This licence is issued to those who have possessed Temporary Licence for a period of 2 years. This licence is valid for a period of five years. Private Lifetime Car is no longer issued to new applicants but remains valid to existing holders.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driving_licence_in_Thailand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 6:59 AM, stevenl said:

You mean that website where one year licenses are mentioned?

 

But even there, if you read they only mention non immigrant as a requirement for a 5 year license, which is correct. One year licenses can and are regularly issued on visa exempt entries and tourist visas, the possible hickup being the ability to get a certificate of residence. But that can nearly always be done also.

That's the one Steven!

You don't expect them to alter the website to reflect it's now a 2 year temporary licence until their ready do you :coffee1:

 

It actually states 'Visa' for the first 2 year licence.

My DLT centre won't issue a licence of any kind on a Visa exempt.......that isn't a Visa.

They won't issue the 5 year licence unless your on a Non Imm or extension, otherwise they re-issue the 2 year one again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ajarngreg said:

It's not true and you can check plenty of other websites, for example here:

 

          http://driving.information.in.th/driving-licence.html

 

        A Non-Immigrant visa is needed for the first- a 1 year, and again for the 5 year license. Some departments are even asking for a work permit.

 

             

That's a commercial website and the information is incorrect/outdated in many ways.

For example:

Valid international driver's license plus signed photocopy or translated regular driving licence from the applicant's home country, certified by Embassy or consulate. (if available).

 

Absolute nonsense. If your home Country licence is in English, that is acceptable to obtain a Thai licence.

An International driving permit is only required when your home Country licence is not in English.

 

The only circumstance where a translation and certification may be required is someone holding a home Country licence not in English and not holding an International driving permit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ajarngreg said:

It's not true and you can check plenty of other websites, for example here:

 

          http://driving.information.in.th/driving-licence.html

 

        A Non-Immigrant visa is needed for the first- a 1 year, and again for the 5 year license. Some departments are even asking for a work permit.

 

             

Totally incorrect information on that website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, dentonian said:

That's the one Steven!

You don't expect them to alter the website to reflect it's now a 2 year temporary licence until their ready do you :coffee1:

 

It actually states 'Visa' for the first 2 year licence.

My DLT centre won't issue a licence of any kind on a Visa exempt.......that isn't a Visa.

They won't issue the 5 year licence unless your on a Non Imm or extension, otherwise they re-issue the 2 year one again.

Latter is correct procedure, but former isn't. In Many DLT's you can get a Thai DL on visa exempt or TV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, overherebc said:

 

???

2 years ago I open an account with Bangkok bank.

While I'm there without any visa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2017 at 10:23 PM, overherebc said:

 

Don't rely on everything being the same every day of your life.

No matter where you live.

Never Had ANY Problems at Nong Khai,Though !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2017 at 9:25 PM, overherebc said:

That's not Poipet or Ranong though is it? 

No It Isn't !!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 30 April 2017 20:05
Sponsors